Masters Running

Wednesday, (June opps) July 2nd Daily (Read 564 times)

Good morning all, June was a good month...let's do it again... Smile
    I'd really rather not....... ......................................hi everyone, I've been reading, just not posting as some things had to go for a while. I have kept running, albeit slow and dull runs. Good day at the cardiologist today, D. can start driving! Of course, now that his pipes are clean the neighbor's tree roots attacked out sewer pipe so I had to call Roto Rooter and deal with that this morning. At the doctor's, I was reading their "heart healthy" handouts, including the one that advised just "to laugh at the crazy things that happen during the day" and don't let yourself get stressed. I have a hard time finding humor in the R-R men, but figured that meant I needed to get back online b4 y'all forgot me. And I did get a laugh out of Tim's date and your pithy repsonses. I agree with wc''the "I live with my mother" line is good, and add in that you like Jerry Lewis movies and Olympic figure skating. SR--The boys of summer are fine, just keeping it exciting for the nation. Now get home and get better, and I agree with you about NJ. Arrgh, I'm late. grins, A
    Masters 2000 miles

Marathon Maniac #3309

Oh and I feel compelled to write this to our men who are out there looking: REMEMBER: Women are on their best behavior before they marry you.
      Holy smokes....how bad would this woman be, being married to her Shocked

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Coffee break time and feeling punchy anyway.... Tim, add these (from one of my single friends who calls herself the dating damsel of doom) "Mind if I clip my toenails at the table?" "Does this look like ear wax to you?" "I prefer not to bathe more than once a week" "Wanna see my belly button lint collection after dinner?" or "I live with my mother---Mrs. Bates? Perhaps you have met her?" She has a three page list that makes me howl.....she just got engaged to a fellow lint collector (okay that last lint part is bunk) so she is off the market and sharing all her tips. Hurray! Aamos stopped in, hurray, hurray! Great news about the continuing progress and the release to drive again. Laugh lots and go check out Despair.com or Fark.com if you want some sarcastic---wet your pants humor. Less than two hours before I run again and need to get to the copy place and the post office. Later, CNYrunner
          Hi Aamos! Glad things are looking up in your corner of the world. It was good to hear from you - hope you'll pop in more often. Reading all the posts this afternoon and the line "living with my mother" caught my eye. When my DS was finishing up his senior year in high school, the last edition of the school newspaper did the usual most likely to succeed, get married, etc... They asked the kids where they hoped to be 30 years from now. Mine wrote "living in my mom's basement." He's going to be 20 and still here... Shocked My DH and I will be married 11 years next week. He used to live across the street from my sister, and she set us up on a blind date. He was a runner then, and I loved the dates that we would meet at a park and run 4 or 5 miles, then grab dinner. He stopped running right after we got married, so it's not just women who are on their best behavior on dates!! Of course, there's probably a lot of things he'd say that I used to do that I don't do any more. Big grin
          stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I think all the guys were afraid of being thought of as insensitive, that's why they let the wimmen take over on this Wink And do a mighty fine job, too! A small addition to the "i Live with my mother" would be "in her basement" A busy day being bored at work, but we're not supposed to spend much time on the Internet that's not work related. So when I get fired, it's all your guys' fault Big grin I just wait for a few minutes after to get in a fix until later tonight. out for a short run this morning. 3.2 in 28:00. didn't feel like I was going at all fast so I'm encouraged. I think I'll be signing up for a 5K race that goes around the lake on the same route I do all the time, just a different start/finish location. This was my first 5K two years ago and I finished in 27:47 and was thrilled. my PR of 25:09 was 6 months later on the same course. I don't think I'm far enough back to challenge that, but I know I have to get farther out of my comfort zone to really improve. Kevin eta; oops Jlynne was typing faster than me. And I forgot to say welcome back to AAmos and great news. the Sox are just setting up the Rays for the kill.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Hi Aamos, Glad you stopped in people were thinking of you and your DH around the boards. Glad all is well. Tim, The wondering about old flames and high school friends is always interesting and usually end up just how you described. No one stays the same . Maybe you should look up one of the girls that was a Plain Jane and she will have turned into someone beautiful and interesting. The old cheerleader vs the old book worm. Just a thought. Wink 5.25 stormy miles tonight. My wife rescued me from the lightening . It was getting pretty scary out there and then on the horizon my hero comes over the hill in her orange Cobalt!!. A welcome sight to say the least. Gotta love that someone is looking out for me. Thanks hon! Be safe Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

munchkn883

Finally started my regular walking again this afternoon with a 5 miler! Sure did feel good!

King of PhotoShop

I'll never forget my first date with Tammy. It was love at first sight. I thought it would work out, but then Tet stepped into the picture and things have been a bit strained since then. I'm home. Pretty easy trip, a simple out and back and short stint, and I had a pretty nice salmon salad on the plane. Watching Rangers-Yankees and keeping fingers crossed for a sweep. Spareribs
                    lol - you guys are great -- this has been a fun daily to read!! i did a 5K in Salisbury tonight that was part of my running clubs extened race series - we had SOOOOOOOOOOOo much fun!! i ran a 1.9 mile warmup with a girl who is much faster than me but will come down to my pace for a warmup or for a sunday morning run - we drove out together and talked thru the whole warm up then i ran the 5k with a girl from the group who runs track on wed. too -- we started off together at a 5k on 6/21 but we separated after the first mile and both choked horribly on the 3rd -- so tonight we redeemed ourselves!! 3.1 miles in 27:81 and we ran together the entire time so total 5.02 miles...........TOTAL FUN - ENDLESS!! start and finish was at a bar and salisbury so the beer flowed FREELY after the race..........me -- nope - i was the DD so i'm having my beer now!! but so fun having so many members of our club hanging out together after a race!!

denise

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'll never forget my first date with Tammy. It was love at first sight. I thought it would work out, but then Tet stepped into the picture and things have been a bit strained since then.
                      just a diversion for my best kickster friend john but your participation would be welcome to help intercept any of the Ragnarers who might be coming through Seattle at the end of the month.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)