Masters Running

Mon Aug 10 Runs (Read 381 times)

Welcome home, Holly and SLO!

Jlynne, it's sad that we need reminders to cherish each day, but it's true.   Everything can change in an instant.

glad there's no house damage, Mary.

And in the spirit of not taking things for granted, I will not complain about it being a gym day or anything else , although am feeling a bit (figuratively and in a group sense) beaten up.  Ribs, those Texans are too rambunctious and need to chill!

grins,

A

Masters 2000 miles

Welcome back, SLO - we missed you!  You too Holly!

Leslie - my DH can get to work and back (and for the first 6 months here he had to use the GPS if I wasn't with him), and that is about it.  If he didn't have a GPS in the car, he wouldn't be able to leave the house. It has been a lifesaver for him.   I don't understand it, but I'm glad it's him and not me.

I did my usual core and weight routine for lunch today.   Just the walk between my building and the athletic center left me sweat-drenched.  Glad I didn't have to run outside this afternoon!

Mary - glad you escaped unharmed

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

SueT48  yea don't knock the heat!  Wait until January and you will wish the heat was still here. 

SLO_HAND  who?    Glad you are back.

enkephalin actually I think breathing is rather useful even outside of running!

hopeful4ever sorry to read about the storm damage.  Good though that you seem to have escaped fairly unscathed.

My major news was discovering how to barbecue dry rubbed baby back ribs!  I love those things!  I got a new grill a few months ago and wanted to try this as the grill has a built in smoker.  The trick was going to youtube to see how to pull the membrane off the ribs.  Then I figured out how to set up the cooking racks to get a pan of apple juice underneath the ribs.  The end result were fall off the bone super ribs!  Spicy they way I love them too!  Ok, that is my excitement for the week. DW says no more cooking ribs for at least two weeks.    Sigh, why are foods that taste so good so bad for you?

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

^^Can I bring some beer over, Twocat? Save some for me!

3 reeealllll slow in the H&H.....did the trick, though. I didn't know whether to nap or run, so I ran.

Jlynne- how awful. Sorry to hear about it.

Welcome back, Slo.

Time to make dinner. Walt

My major news was discovering how to barbecue dry rubbed baby back ribs!  I love those things!  I got a new grill a few months ago and wanted to try this as the grill has a built in smoker. 

Twocats - My Hub smokes the most to die for ribs and tri-tip roasts.  Oh my!  He's done a couple of turkeys and some cornish game hens, too, but I love the ribs and tri-tips.  YUM!  He's working himself up to smoking a brisket, but that takes like 15 hours.  . . . . . . okay, my stomach is officially growling.

Leslie
            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

dg.

hi everyone

I waited too long again!

welcome back Holly & Slo_hand :-)

Denise,  ((((()))))

Sue & Liz.... thanks!!   I feel a little more rocky than rockin' right now (just hoping next time goes better) but am hopeful.  thanks again. 

Liz, I love it that you said that to the runner you passed.... after yesterday I was tempted to pull over & say something to people I saw running later in the day when it was even hotter.   I didn't.... don't worry.  Probably a symptom of brain melt.  You are doing great.  I'm so glad.

Sue, funny story about the 3 of you.

Enke, thanks.  I'll try that tomorrow. 

Doug, I hate bugs in my hair.  

SR, how are things in Indie?

Mary, hope your power is back on.

Amie, I'm glad you followed up on the dog bite.   and you're ok?

Nono why no rest today?

Twocat would that work with tofu?

Hi Aamos  Smile

rest day.  

wildchild

Carolyn

hi everyone

Twocat would that work with tofu?

Snork!  Are you a vegetarian, dg?  I don't eat red meat, but do eat chicken and fish.  I guess you could smoke them just fine.

I ran a sproinky 5.1miles after work today. The first 2.2 miles with the dogs, but they were being anchors, so I dropped them off at home and went back out.  Beautiful evening, about 65°. Life is good!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Mariposai

Love doesn't age, it deepens...
                  it mellows like a fine wine,
                  and is savored by those
                  who appreciate its vintage...

these were the words in the card given to us by our sons on our 24th anniversary today.

I had a very interesting weekend and survived to tell the story some day.

2 very slow miles to test the heart plus 1 hour yoga.

Life is good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy anniversary, Butterfly Lady and Butterfly Gent!  Nice card from your little larvae... 

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.