Masters Running

Tuesday, 1.17.17 (Read 42 times)

flats

turtle runner eximious

It's amazing how setting a ridiculously high year mileage goal impacts your mundane weekly runs. I keep my daily mileage just a wee above that damn pace bunny. 6 TM miles for me.

Michael

Hello. I'm evryday. I posted here fairly often several years ago. My running has become non-existent for the past 3-4 years but I've got plans! I've got intentions!  My hope is that this forum will help provide some of the motivation i'm seeking.

Several names here are familiar. It's good to read your posts again. Maybe a couple of you may remember me.  Such a supportive and fun group when I left.  Looking forward to a return.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
      Mariposai

Hello. I'm evryday. I posted here fairly often several years ago. My running has become non-existent for the past 3-4 years but I've got plans! I've got intentions!  My hope is that this forum will help provide some of the motivation i'm seeking.

Several names here are familiar. It's good to read your posts again. Maybe a couple of you may remember me.  Such a supportive and fun group when I left.  Looking forward to a return.

Evryday sighting...hurrahhh.

YES!!!! we remember you and we did miss you when you were gone. Count on us to help you back into running.

Enkie, scary experience with the cougar. Glad you are safe. BTW, I love your XC skiing posts on Facebook.

Flats, good for you for keeping ahead of the bunny. I am behind, but I will catch up with 20 miles in the spring.

The Easy Pace and I had a lovely 3 day weekend with our son's in Seattle. We did a small, but very special late Christmas celebration with them. On Sunday we went downhill skiing to a place we have not been before. Majestic does not describe the view of the summit. Stay tuned. Pictures will follow later.

Running, I did run 3 miles to test my new sub zero Sugoi tights...they kept me warm in a 7F weather. After work I did 6 miles on the TM with 3x half a mile at tempo.

Yakisoba dinner anyone? I was able to shop at the Asian market yesterday, so fresh ingredients for Yakisoba made this batch very, very yummie.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Eight-and-a-half hours at a 6.2spm mace

over 4,880 miles with a 120-mph tailwind, 
          much better than the 7.4 seconds-per-mile
          into 10.5 headwind hours on the way over.
          Posie - first meal back:  me too - yakisoba

loaded with vegetables that aren't very

abundant in most Japanese meals.

Enke - glad to read about the cougar

here instead of in the newspaper. .

However, if that cougar was afraid of anyone

standing in a hot tub in the least, then I’m a fast runner.
          https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/should-you-run-or-freeze-when-you-see-a-mountain-lion/
          Pats/Patriots?
          Even though I’ve come to have begrudging regard
          for Mr. Brady and wouldn’t mind seeing him win again,
          a Rodgers’ victory for my ideal of "America's team"

would further enhance his reputation

over his hotshot predecessor.
          Go whomever!
          ps steve - does tag ever get an erika-quality frosty face?..

roch - so much black ice once when I was back there,

I could ice-skate on the sidewalks and streets.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

So, your opinion (however right it may have been) wasn't appreciated, eh Steve?.

Jay

Opinions are like flatulence. Nobody wants to hear it some I keep it to myself. Every once in a while, one sneaks out.

Roch, I used to enjoy riding my bike on Houghton Lake on those conditions. Once I didn't fall.

Enke, I'm not a fan of sharing dwellings with raccoons. This may help.

Leslie, I have a co-worker like that. I called him on it. He lied. Management knows. He's been avoiding me.

High Evryday!!!!

ps steve - does tag ever get an erika-quality frosty face?..

SteveP

Mike E

MM #5615

Welcome back,evryday!

pfriese

Welcome back evryday. I post so infrequently in the daily that I always feel the need to reintroduce myself when I do.  I still run at Overholser on a regular basis. Maybe I'll see you out there, at a Landrunners group run, or maybe even up in your part of the state sometime.

Paul

Mta: Oh yeah, forgot to post my run for Tuesday; 7.5 miles with intervals (6x800m) around Lake Overholser.

Opinions are like flatulence. Nobody wants to hear it some I keep it to myself. Every once in a while, one sneaks out.

Hahahaaaa!!!

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance