Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 5.13.17 (Read 32 times)

This morning I ran 3 miles on the trail through Olson Campground, crossed the little footbridge then braved the grade where the geese live. Sure enough, there they were but on the other side of the road with about 8-10 goslings. I figured I was safe since they'd stay by the little ones. I wonder if this was the fflotilla of chicks I saw in the water when I drove the boat from the landing to our house last evening. They were all alone then and I did steer clear of them.

Some of the flower gardens are planted but bought another flat to plant, plus a few pots. I had to by a new bag of gladiolus since half of mine rotted. Over the years I have tried different perrenials and some just don't survive the winter. Now I know why, about half of the ones sold at Shopko at for zone 5-9 and we are in zone 4. No wonder! I would have to drive 60 miles to Sioux Falls to get the plants replaced so will skip it. I did go through my files and found sketches of plantings from our last two houses. I did through the receipts away for those! I made a photo album from pictures I took last year and started labeling them. I saved those plastic tags so put those in there too.

Marj and Henrun, sorry you didn't get to your race, what's next on your agenda? I think Stmpy wants to buy you lunch somewhere . Erika, are you racing tomorrow? How far is the Murphy Dome Roam? Did we see that when we were in Fairbanks? I really need to get those photos into an album too! That was almost two years ago now.

I am exhausted and need to get some sleep. It was 82* most of the afternoon but we had quite a breeze. Tomorrow is sunny and calmer fir the morning so will run the lake before church. MrStarr sleeps so late, like 8:30 or 9 so I had breakfast alone after my run. Maybe if I run farther he will be up and cook for me tomorrow.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Glad for Tammy's 10+ miles and Mike doin' so well so far away in NM. How long did the runnin' and the gettin' there take, respectively?

However, I didn't know there was anywhere you could run for 14+ miles up in Erika-land w/o there being big hills of some sort or the other, . . . unless runnin' along some highway or the other. Any bike paths along the Chena River or something?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)