Masters Running

Intrepid Racers - May 16th and Ahead! (Read 368 times)

The Jogger

Ilene, can you take me of the list, due to injury and lack of training. Sorry Roy Sad
    evanflein

Sorry to hear that, Roy. Was looking forward to hearing about your first marathon! Ilene, can you please add this for me: 10/12/08 Royal Victoria Marathon Thinking about a couple trail races this summer, but I don't know for sure if I'll do them till closer to the date. Thanks!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

dear PV goddess ilene - did you go all the way again? no particular reason but could you add for me: 10/12 tetsujin - Royal Victoria Marathon, BC roy - I'm sorry man. you've sure got enough of that undulating training with woody to do it all the way but there's not much that can be done about injuries and, though it's not easy, at our chronologies, healing always takes a priority to make sure we don't get permanently sidelined. Do you have another one you can do over there, e.g. this fall? otherwise, we've got lots over here. rvm/rvm>>> arfalina - sorry you're missing the Blackfoot 100K but you've got the right reason for sure. congratulations. After 30 years of being told that ultramarathons are too hard for us fitness runners, the delight in your Blackfoot rr on CR last year made me want to try one too no matter what and your encouragement made it possible in last October's 20th Century 100K on the Snoqualmie rails-to-trails. I'll be thinking of you again when francesca and I get to do it next week in it's moved-up time slot. In the meantime, we hope you find a replacement 100K real soon 'cause I'd almost rather read your rr than do all those 62.2 miles myself. erika - check out www.marathonmaniacs.com at calendar for some Equinox-like marathons and ultras in the Seattle area (but w/o the climb up to Ester Dome!), e.g. Lake Youngs Mini-ultra (June - 28.8 miles), Rattlesnake Lake Marathon (7/6), Watershed Marathon (8/24), etc.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

The Jogger

Thanks Erika and Tet, I have possibly one on the horizon coming Sept, mainland Europe and look forward one day to beyond the pond.... Roy

#artbydmcbride

(((Roy C))) Good luck in September! Hop across the pond soon too. Smile

Runners run

Ilene, I'll join hermosaboy in Des Moines next weekend. Hoping for dry weather, at least. 5/31 Fortunate One - Dam to Dam 20k Des Moines, IA Thanks, FO