Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily (Not dead yet), 6.20.17 (Read 35 times)

[[[[ pbj ]]]]]

yep,

sometimes we need to keep thing in perspective.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Yes, fun to read those relay race reports!

PBJ, that's so sad. Reminder of how fleeting life can be and yes, go hug your loved ones.

I might have to go revisit yesterday's thread and see what trouble Mike E got into, or is heading for, or whatever.

Happy anniversary, Holly! It's my MIL's 82nd birthday, too. Have fun at the beer pairing dinner. We have a brewery here that does that, but I just haven't ever gone. Beer fills me up so fast, it'd be a short night (yes, I know you're not knocking back 12 ouncers!).

Glad to have Jay back. This place goes a little nutzo when he's gone and twocat gets hold of starting the daily.

Yesterday evening we drove through an absolutely crazy thunderstorm on the way home. Wow, rain so hard we could hardly see. Our house got spared the real hard rain, which is good because it washes out the driveway and the garden. But we did get enough to give the yard and garden a good drink, so that was good. Today I got out for a run at mid-day before the afternoon thunderstorms could roll in and even at just 64° if felt really humid out there to me. We're usually pretty dry as far as relative humidity, so it really felt muggy. 5.8 GA miles done.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

guess I'll repost this today where it's supposed to be instead of yesterday.

<<<(ed note: old/old/old)>>>

when ya going starr?

very moving, PBJ.

No running today <<<(ed note: so what’s new?)>>> after DW reported that the dashboard on her little 2013 Chevy Volt she got last year was blinking “low tire air.” I couldn’t have been happier to have something go wrong with a car that I could handle instead of everything being all electronic and digital.  Nope, unbelievable but instead of a spare tire, there’s an air can next to a spare battery in the well of the trunk that's supposed to get you to a service station for fixing the flat.   Fortunately, it did. .

Otherwise, the overnight charges good for 40-45 miles (depends on temperature) are perfect for her nearby shopping, tennis, etc. , . . . and also allow me to get dropped-off/picked-up now and then without feeling guilty about wasting gas. Gas kicks in after 45 miles but it’s such a rare occurrence that, every couple of months or so, the dashboard has to recommend to switch over to gas to keep it primed too.  Good timing too as I wouldn't want a flat to threaten tomorrow’s annual Herring-Fest at the Swedish Club.  Did I ever say how much I love fish?

ps paul – if you’re still around, it’s supposed to improve

to a sunny semblance of summer this weekend, . . . but I doubt it.

pps I can just imagine a swashbuckling tomw in a cowboy hat on a horse.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

catwhoorg

Labrat

Heavy rain started about 3:30 so no ride, just not safe in that sort of weather.

We did avoid any thunder

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

spacityrunner

Headed out for a nice little 3.1 miles sunset run along the Balboa spillway.  It was warm and I was slow (40 min) but got er done.  I blamed my lack of get up and go on my colonoscopy yesterday.  Most everyone in this crowd should know what they are like.  

TS Cindy is headed our way...they are predicting dire weather for Thursday and Friday.  We shall see.

Trails Rock!