Masters Running

Thurs Jun 19 Daily (Read 389 times)

Don't worry Evan. You're not old enough for your Old Lady Cane yet. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Twocat, I hope your wife figures out what is going on. Tim, yeah, 7:10 feeling effortless, or whatever you said, holy moly! dg - that would make my day too! 16.27 miles, 65 to 70F, sunny, 10:32 o/a pace. Well, all the shirtless studs running at lunchtime on my regular trail was a bit of a treat. I just never run there that time of day, so I didn't know! It was about 70F when I finished my run, and sunny. Usually I hate the sun, but today I sucked it up and ran in it a lot of the time, thinking about how warm Seafair might be. I was surprised my pace felt really easy, at least for the first 12 miles. I tried to go faster the last 4, and I did, but everything started to get achy, I didn't want to injure something, and it was warmer than I'm used to. I drank 52 oz (about 1.4 litre) and ate a granola bar, and I was still one pound lighter at the end of the run. Amazing.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Surrounded by storms so went to the gym treadmill, tempo run of 3.6 miles in 31:30 at 2% incline. Vista I had a feeling you have been a lead off hitter, I was too many times but strongly preferred batting #2. I was a very good right field hitter and with a good base stealer at 1st I would get a lot of fast balls on the outside corner, and wham! it's 1st & 3rd. Cool Glad to hear Amy's DH is doing well. Smile

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Teresadfp

One day at a time

I haven't posted lately since I'm still on the disabled list. My achilles doesn't hurt badly, but I can still feel twinges. It's been two weeks, so I called my doctor. He's going to have me keep taking high-strength ibuprofen (assuming the blood test I had today for kidney function comes out OK), and send me to PT. I'm glad about that! I hope I get a good person. Last day of school today!! DS15 is having a hard time - he's such a driven kid that he never stops, and all of a sudden, he has nothing to do! He's got plans to study Spanish, finish his Eagle rank, etc., but he's trying to goof off for a couple of days and finding it very challenging. He takes after my father, for sure. My other two kids are having NO problem adjusting! Happy Summer!!
            Decided to run a local 5k with a group from work. I was the only one who showed up though Angry I was really not ready to run a good 5k but was going as support for some newer runners at work. Oh well! 5k 22:44 a 7:20 pace and a 41 second PR ! Got to the 1st mile in 7:05 the second in 14:20 and the last in 22:44 I really slowed on the last mile there is a pretty good hill at the 1/2 mile to go mark and usually I pass quite a few people on this hill but not today. Can't be to disapointed though. I really thought I had a 21:00 5k in me but maybe next time. Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down