Masters Running

Wednesday, 8.24.16 (Read 37 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

I'm just poppin' in to say that I had (what a surprise) a late meeting last night, so I got to sleep late and chose to sleep in this morning 'cause I needed it, rather than get up and enjoy a good workout in some terrific weather, and so I've got nothing to report other than that, and my wish that tonight's meeting doesn't go as late.

On a separate note, DW and I and a friend were trying to figure out to what extent the world as we know it would change if the internet went away, and we concluded that it would be pretty dang devastating.

Have a greta Wednesday, as long as the internet lasts...

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

No run this a.m. for me either.  Spent last night not at a meeting, but listening to honky-tonk music with LaT and a bunch of others!  off on a bike for errands - taking the long route...

enjoy - and yes the internet does have its advantages,

marj

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, I can at least say that I ran.  3.1 miles around the lake for the first entry in August   I MAY have one more on the garmin that i haven't downloaded yet, but it's a pretty likely guess that this month will be a new, non-injured PW.

Pretty darn hard to maintain a community like this without the interwebs.  For all the drawbacks, I do like the benefits.

Honky-tonk sounds like fun.

Hang on tight, Amy--could be an interesting fall.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Ran 6 with what may be a somewhat regular mini running group. My long training partner and my neighbor. A guy who was supposed to come along bailed at the last minute. Too bad nice weather for the run.

Reminder: We might have an opening for the Reach the Beach Relay team due to an injury. We leave for the starting line on Thursday 9/15. The race runs through New Hampshire. If you are interested send me a note via RA's message system and I can fill you in on additional details. We have 4 RA runners help make it 5!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Morning folks. I've been missing you good people but life and work seems to be getting in the way lately. I know that my world would definitely be less interesting without the internet. And my circle of friends (though virtual) would be much smaller

Good for you to grab a few extra zzz's this morning Jay.

Honky-tonk sounds great Marj. Glad you had a good time.

You've got a couple of weeks left for the month Kevin - stop thinking about PW! You've got the first one in.

Our Y is closed for its annual shutdown this week, and they rely heavily on staff to come in and help with painting, cleaning and other maintenance goodies. I spent the last two days painting the gym walls and cleaning disgusting yoga mats. How can mats get so yucky just doing yoga stuff on them??? Today we're cleaning lockers. Can't wait

I broke Twocat's rule this morning. 4.65 miles in the rain. It was 70° and very humid. The rain actually felt pretty nice.

Keep going with the pushup challenge Holly. I'm enjoying your videos!

And Happy Belated Birthday Ribs! Pop in some time, would ya?

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me too happy birthday to the great one

and this month anniversary to his new heart too.

Steve - I don't know of any other of the great elites who continue

running for the fun when they can't be competitive anymore.

Nice that you got to run with Dick Beardsley too.

one mile school RT.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

I woke up this morning feeling sick and thought I would need to bail on my run. I took ibuprofen, went back to bed for another hour and then jumped on the tm for a speedy-for-me 5.1 miles.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Sayhey! MM#130

Hiya!

Back to mentoring at the high school.  My student is now a sophomore.  We had some catching up to do.  For now, she's looking at becoming a Nurse Anesthetist.  Her brother just went off to college a week ago, so she's adjusting to mom and dad having just her at home.  Dad's a nurse and mom runs her own hair salon, so when they're at work in the early evenings, they're having her go to her cousins' house.  This is ok, however, as she's just learned the boy next door to the cousins has a bit of crush on her.     Teenagers can be fun, can't they?

Well I am really glad this little piece of the Internet exists!

Here's to falling UP, stumps!  Man, it's cutting into my sleep!  <<not complaining>>  I must eat crow clay today for my past disparagement.

Managed a stumbling few miles this morning.  Still looking like Grandma Moses when I have to sit or get out of a chair.

And I should have explained yesterday--our dear Holly toted a whole bunch of those Hot Hands warmers to Green Bay for me b/c she remembered me whining about not being able to find them (not a real in-demand item in SW FL).  They sure were my favorite item of gear Sunday.   Ain't she the best???

Honky tonk!!   My brother used to play our piano that style, claimed he was good at it because he was left-handed in some things (writing, batting).  Also said that was why he liked the "Moonlight Sonata," i.e., for the left hand part.

In 6 minutes, we're over the hump.  Well, I didn't work Monday, but I did get up at 4 am and took 3 planes so I could get home and to work yesterday and today and tomorrow and tomorrow and so I feel I can appreciate hump day even tho.

Have a good ones, mi amigos and amigas!

A.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

King of PhotoShop

Yes, I do pop in from time to time but just way too busy to post any more.  I'll give you a brief update:

Heart-related issues have caused me to stop running and only walk.  Nuclear stress test yesterday and echo tomorrow. I'll have results by Monday.  Ran a 5K two weeks ago with Billy Rodgers and had to stop and walk at two miles.  Took his advice and went to dr.  They think maybe there is a blockage and may have to have another procedure. I will keep you posted.

Yes, I too am tired of the 22 pushup videos but that is because it's all women and they use very poor judgment in attire.  High topped, close fitting pullovers, instead of low cut tops which would make the videos so much more appealing.  Women today, I don't know what they think of.

Been meaning to talk with Jay about walking faster. When I started, I was doing 17's, and just the other day did 4 in under 15's so I guess you get faster as you keep at it, but you really have to think about it and not drift off.

My son Hudson is now fully installed in his new apartmnent, no more dorms, at UT Austin for his second year. He had a great summer, worked two jobs. Proud of him.

I'm playing more bridge now and doing well.  Thank you Stumpy and Amy for thinking of me yesterday.  Ribs

Sayhey! MM#130

Yes, I too am tired of the 22 pushup videos but that is because it's all women and they use very poor judgment in attire.  High topped, close fitting pullovers, instead of low cut tops which would make the videos so much more appealing.  Women today, I don't know what they think of.

This is why we miss you here Ribs.  You keep coming by and mebbe we wimmins will let you in on what we think of these days.

https://agratefullifedotnet.wordpress.com/  (for a piece or two of my mind)

Marathon Maniac #957

Ribs - hiyah and keep us posted.

Robin does the most amazing push-ups - that woman is in awesome shape!

I keep waking in the middle of the night, getting up for a drink, sitting to read my library book for a minute, and then making a snack.  With as little running as I am doing, I have already gained some weight, and this new habit of midnight snacking is not helping!

5 miles for me this morning.  Stuupid pes anserine area pain still there.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Late evening run for me – I enjoy running at night

So fun to Honky-Tonk with Marj and Henry

Hope someone signs up for RTB – it will be fun to have another RA on board

Amy – yeah to being a Nurse Anesthetist!!!

Hi Ribs – please keep us posted.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

evanflein

Nice to see Ribs stop by, and heart issue or not, he's still on his game. Best wishes for a good report next week, Ribs.

Get going, Stumpy, the month isn't over yet! (I keep telling myself that)

Jlynne, you know how to have fun at work!

Sorry to hear you're still having lingering issues, Holly. I definitely feel your pain!

Speaking of which, foot took a backstep yesterday, or last night, whatever. After yesterday's run the foot was more sore than it's been all week, and most of the day it didn't feel great. So, today was another elliptical ride. Don't know how Twocat does an hour on that thing. I managed 27 minutes and was more than done. Walked for half a mile on the track and called it a day. Tomorrow is supposed to be a run day, but I have to fit it in during the work day and we've got rain in the forecast. Lovely.

Mariposai

I woke up this morning feeling sick and thought I would need to bail on my run. I took ibuprofen, went back to bed for another hour and then jumped on the tm for a speedy-for-me 5.1 miles.

HI Lori. So great to see you here. Nice tm speedy run today!

Great to see the Wiseone here today. Sorry about the heart trouble. What a great young man you have there.

I am so looking forward to seeing and hanging out with my sistahh, LA Tortuga next month at the Ragnar Relay.

Looking forward to the Portland RA meet up as well.

8 miles for my wings this morning in cool weather. Smile miles to my heart.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Life with out the web??? I'd have to use a phone book. I'd probably read for real books. The tattooed corpses of murdered trees.No crazy cat videos!!!!

Spent last night not at a meeting, but listening to honky-tonk music with LaT and a bunch of others!  off on a bike for errands - taking the long route...

That sounds like fun.

Yay Bertha Slayer!!!

Ribs!!!! Take care of you.

SteveP