Masters Running

Wednesday 9/14/16 It's Still Summer Runs and Workouts (Read 34 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

I think i will stick with sucking at just one sport vs three. Lol. All you triathletes are rock stars in my opinion.

I totally agree with Lori!  I suck at swimming and cycling! Although I like both.

Holly , I'm happy for you that you're running again!  And best of luck with Max.  I hope someone goes with you when you have to put him down - I bet your kids love him too!

Ribs, good luck tomorrow.  You sound so calm about it!  Good attitude.

I had about an hour to run, in between a doctor appt and grocery shopping, so I went to a steep trail and managed about 4.7 miles.  Nice and cool, mid 60s, between thunderstorms.  Yeah, it's fall here!

My DD and SIL are off on their 6 month honeymoon trip!  First stop is Iceland!  We're so happy for them. They've started a blog called "Intrepid Honeymooning!"

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

Starr, taper time? Didn't you just run a half? You don't need to stinkin' taper! Smile

Hey Carolyn! 6 month honeymoon trip... wow, how long have they been saving for that! What an adventure!

Hey, I ran tonight! Woot! Just 2.6 cautiously easy miles, mostly on dirt roads but there were hills (can't avoid them around here). Leg was a little tight but no pain. Yay! Feeling very optimistic about it. Tomorrow will have me back in the pool though.

SteveP

How far do you have to swim to do a sprint-tri?

Are you getting ideas???? (((((Max)))))

It's nice to see Ribs post. Healing prayers your way.

Enke, I was in the middle of a great book then my best crayon broke.

TomS, If you're interested, Tag and I registered for a 5K Saturday.

Erika!!! Whoot!!!

SteveP

[[[ribbs]]

[[max]]

......off to Dale Hollow FlyFishing Thursday, if I haven't checked in by Sunday,

Alert The Authorities

http://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/09/15/493982110/yes-it-is-possible-to-get-your-flu-shot-too-soon

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....