...make up

for yesterdays missed work-out

(pickles got food poisoning)

==========

..88-degrees

...65-min HeavyHands at soccer fields

3-lb trailboots,

4-lb handwgts

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

7.1 miles of hills today. It was only 70° but I was still seeking shade when I could. Too many stops on this run, gotta figure out pacing on the hills and knock off the stopping habit. Walk breaks would be better. Second run in the Hoka Cavu. Still not sure I like them, but I guess they're mine now.

When I got home from the store this morning I let Emma out for a bit. She was only gone for maybe 5 minutes, and came back up the stairs from the garage and just crouched by the door. Wondered what was wrong, then saw she had brought a little bird up and dropped it on the rug. Poor little thing was terrified. I chastised the cat (who heard "blah, blah, blah, bad Emma, blah, blah, blah") then picked up the bird and took it out to the deck chairs. Sat there holding it for awhile and it seemed to regroup a bit, and then flew off. It looked like a real young finch of some sort, poor little thing. I hate that she catches birds but glad she keeps the vole population down. Just how do you keep her from catching birds?

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

...make up

for yesterdays missed work-out

(pickles got food poisoning)

Why did you miss your workout?  You didn't have food poisoning...

As I write this, Ryan is toeing the line of a race in Seattle. He's 27 years old and I still get excited about his races.

I went for my 1st "long" run of the new cycle, today.  It was only 10 miles.  I don't know whet the heck is wrong with me.  My 3 hour training plan calls for a 7:29 pace.  I went out wanting to run a 7:17 pace, which is the 2:55 training plan and I ended up running at a 7:07 pace.  I'm just asking for an injury.  I tried slowing down a few times but every time it went to 7:15, I thought, "Uh oh, I'd better pick it up."  I did have fun, though.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

9.75 on the trails, 980' of climbing

Slowly (or too quickly according to some) getting my weekly miles back up after the achilles-related lapse of May and June. It'll be about 35 this week, 40 next week, then 50. Achilles is not an issue as long as I don't spend too long running faster than 7:30. Little segments of 6:00 or faster going down a hill don't seem to aggravate it, but if I sustain that for longer than a minute or two I can feel it coming on. A few 200+ mile months should make me strong enough to start dipping down in pace for longer periods.

Mike; that's moving right along!

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

pfriese

Easy 8 mile run on a busy Saturday.

Paul

Marathon Maniac #957

Why did you miss your workout?  You didn't have food poisoning...

Okay, this made me laugh long and hard...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

''Why did you miss your workout?  You didn't have food poisoning...''

......getting Points on The Board M'Boy.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....