Masters Running

Friday, July 27th..... (Read 400 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

I have not run, I am too mesmerized by the brown bear trying to catch a salmon!    I know as soon as I stop watching, I know one of them will get one.    

I did sleep like a rock last night though and am looking forward to hitting the road tomorrow morning.  Smile

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

I must say.  Having a Grizzly Bear right outside your office must a bit unnerving at times - though spellbinding too no doubt.

Well, I did something probably a bit stupid this morning, as I ran 10.1 miles after having ridden 28 miles yesterday.  While I realize riding 28 miles on the Bike is not big deal.  For a bike newbie like me that was a good one.  And I ran it at a pretty good clip too, so the legs were tired today.  But I got 'er done albeit slowly (9:39 pace) and with an avg. HR that was higher than I'd like.  But it's done.

We're off to see DS and his GF/Fiance for the weekend.  I'm sure the girls will be having some lengthy discussions (all at the speed of light) talking about wedding plans.  DS and I may go Golfing instead.  Cool

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

King of PhotoShop

Bill, your slow pace today was my normal easy pace.  I did 3.3 miles at that pace today because the plan is to race tomorrow.  Then I looked up the race in the paper today and saw it was $30, and I could run one for $2 on Sunday.  Guess I'll race Sunday!

The Rib Cage won the weekly trivia contest at a restaurant in Las Colinas last night.  We were in 2nd place, 3 points behind the leaders but we bet the maximum on the final question and came from behind to win.  Here you go:

List the following films from most Academy Awards to fewest:   Schindler's List, Star Wars Episode 4, Titanic and Gone with the Wind.

Spareribs

(((hungry patient brown bears)))  

2.9 little miles to work this morning.  Jet lag and a pound heavier from a trip to Germany.  Apparently my shopping trip in Stuttgart on Tuesday revived the European economy!  (2 fist pump)

wildchild

Carolyn

I love watching the bears, too!  Thanks for posting the link, Troy, even though you're killing everyone's productivity today!

Good job on the stupid 10 miler this morning, Byll!  Have a fun weekend with your DS and his GF.

How are the hornet stings, Tramps?

How's the positive thinking working for you, MikeE?   Hey - does Eric have his drivers license yet?

5 miles this morning before work, on the Highline Canal path.  I gotta say I'm liking this morning running thing - pretty shocking for a non-morning person!  I've just had too many post-work runs cut short or not even started due to afternoon thunderstorms or other commitments.  Hopefully I can keep it up till it gets cool enough to run at lunchtime.

Happy Friday!

Carolyn

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

SteveP

We're off to see DS and his GF/Fiance for the weekend.  I'm sure the girls will be having some lengthy discussions (all at the speed of light) talking about wedding plans.  DS and I may go Golfing instead.  Cool

Bill

Duck and cover Bill. 

Last night's brainstorming over one of the bridal showers..or was it the bachelorette party turned into thunderboomers. I grabbed Noah and took him to watch a Batman (Adam West) movie. A lot less drama. He kept yelling into the other room, "Clean up that mess!"..(snicker)

Got the dog out on the trails today. As soon as we started, there were exterior thunderboomers. This is gonna be fun! The silly dog kept running up ahead, nibbling ripe blackberries then running up ahead with critter chasing repeats. It was fun.

SteveP

Tramps

Meant to run 5; watched the bears instead.

Curses, Troy!

Since a couple people asked: Hornet stings are fine.  I'm not allergic or anything.  Just surprising, briefly painful, and a little itchy for a day or so.

Actually taking the day to recycle and mill some lumber for part of the kitchen project. 

Be safe. Be kind.

Unfortunately that CSNY song was only vaguely familiar to me. Sad

Cool bears!

Easy 4.21 miles, overcast with the faintest of mist, nice, but it still felt hard.  I had meant to run 6, but decided to save my legs for a long run tomorrow.

My DH has been watching Korean soap operas lately.  He confessed to 80 hours worth since he has been off work.  Just when you think you know someone.....I watched part of one with him last night and he filled me in on the love triangles and class differences (apparently a recurrent theme) among the different characters.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

wow. thank you Troy, especially as the scenic Brooks Falls show up.

I can just smell it all again, . . . and taste the salmon, rbt rainbow,

and thyme tasting, sail-finned grayling beauties.

No wonder I love running so much

Kind of sad to realize it was 50 years ago.

Glad it looks the same though.

How old do those guys get?

Glad you get up there once-in-a-while.

Will your 23 miler end at Brooks Falls?

okaeri nasai Econo-sensei.

I'll be going the other way in August.

Even though I eschew rice as much as possible

(except for sushi, ochazuke, okayuu, etc.),

I'll have no problem beating your one pound though.

Happy Olympics everyone.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Now there is a bear sitting on top of the waterfall area, hoping one jumps right into his mouth.  Gosh, they are cute and I have the page minimized to the corner of my screen so I can work and watch at the same time.   

Hi Econo!!

~Mary

~unknown

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

me too mary.

I think you better put Brooks Falls on your next visit to a famous falls.

I'm goin' over to the library to look on a better computer.

however, Troy - have you ever heard 'em called "cute" in person, or, I mean,  in bear,

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

...hell hopeful, I have trouble with GEESE..........

you

a Macho...er......Person

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

evanflein

Stoopid bears.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Well, I did have to leave for a couple of hours to go have a biopsy done, but I think that big guy in the back ground has been there all day and he seems to have the prime spot for snagging them up with those big ol' paws!! 

~Mary

~unknown

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

okay troy, how did you guys to it?

where is it?

could a bear claw it down?

do you have to change batteries?

is it some sort of autofocus on a moving bear

. . .that sometimes focuses on one bear and other times a vista with the falls?

Whats the water velocity off the falls they stand in?

(don't wade out and measure it though).

Have you ever seen anyone in scuba gear in the water too?

How fast can you run?

how fast can they run?

Is there an elevated viewing platform or sometning nowadays?

what's the most down there fishing at one time?

I guess it makes winter worthwhile.

thanks.

ps - are they stupid too getting like Yellowstone bears?  .

and I thought your spot map track all over Naknek Lake was neat.