Masters Running

Weight loss challenge - week # ???? (Read 458 times)

Renee the dog

Not to be sexist, but this must be a woman thing. By no means am I paper thin, but when the time comes I'll put the swimming trunks on and go, not worrying about being seen in public in them. I figure I won't be the fattest out there so there will be others for people to focus on. .
    It's not sexist, it is. My sister and I were talking about this last week. Women, we have to be the single best on the beach or we want to crawl in a hole. Men, if they aren't the worst on the beach, strut around and think, "Look at me. I'm great." That's a wonderful trait men have. Smile

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

As far as baring my bod in a bathing suit (or batman suit) - I try to as little as humanly possible. Dead
      2 small kids and a family pass to the local water park means I won't be able to escape being there nearly every weekend, probably for many summers to come...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Beginner all over again

Thank you, everyone, for the welcome and letting me join. I'm down a pound from Thursday already, so you are all Good Luck for me....I'll stick around Big grin Let's see whether I can just hold that one-pound off for five more days (!)

2 small kids and a family pass to the local water park means I won't be able to escape being there nearly every weekend, probably for many summers to come...
          Luckily, it's never really warm enough here to strut around in shorts, let alone a bathing suit. Okay, for me anyway. With the exception of the night sweats, I run cold. Cold feet, cold hands, cold nose - but such a warm heart!! Big grin

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

well i survived my 16 hour night shift without eating too too much - weight was down 2 lbs to 135 when i woke up this afternoon -- hopefully i can stay focused tonight too!! easy peasy 12 hour night shift tonight Wink

denise

Renee the dog

Smoothie alert -- this month's Better Homes & Garden has a 1 pager that features 10 smoothies. Some sound just weird enough to be really good. Big grin Even better is that there's an ad on the back, so it can be ripped right out of the mag without compromising another story... Cool

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Hi Gang, My latest motivation is to look good in the new running skirt I got w/ short singlet to match; Short as in, my chubby tummy shows when I run. I plan to debut this adorable outfit at the Cotton Row 10K on Memorial Day. This will be my first race in my new AG! 2nd motivation: A week after that we leave for Barbados for a Golden Girl reunion w/ 2 of my elementary school buds, plus all DH's! I want to look good while I spend the week in Cosmoland Cool My plan is to drink a Sonic Route 44 Diet Cherry Limeade each morning. There are only 25 calories in the entire thing and it not only fills you, but empties you too Embarrassed The remainder of each day I will fill up the same giant styrofoam cup with water and a splash of green tea. Also, I just read an article on the internet that said people who sleep more tend to lose more weight. (Sorry Denise). So even if it means breaking out the Ambien, I plan to try to increase sleepy time from 6 hours to maybe 7 per night. Since becoming a member of this wonderful group of WLC guys and gals I have managed to stay below 137, which is not a daunting task for a normal person of my height. So the encouragement and ideas definitely help. Now to get serious and get down to 130 before Cotton Row because no one wants to see a belly button that is screaming for help. There, I've put it in writing. i can do it!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Fussyrunner - I'm with you on that. My bathing suit is one of those middriff-bearing two-pieces with a skirt on the bottom, and I tend to hold those last few lbs right there in my potbelly, so I definitely want to flatten it out a little before Memorial Day. Barbados sounds like so much fun!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

. . . because no one wants to see a belly button that is screaming for help.
                    Big grin Oh how I wish so many young girls with pot bellies understood this!! Big grin

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance