Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 3.18.14 (Read 37 times)

Mariposai

divechief, I was going to call you to see how closed the accident was from you.

A belated congrats to Aamos on her great race! Age win is cool.

Tet is training, scary thought!

Well, off to go to enjoy the 64F weather run. 13 miles on my plate tonight.

dg, butterfly hugs to you my friend.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

You know, the problem with getting to know all of you...every time something bad happens anywhere in the country, I have to worry about who it might be affecting.  I don't think we've heard from Enke...hopefully she's just out with one of her doors.

NHLA

8 miles 1 hr 10 min  yucky but not raining.

aamos sorry we didn't meet up while you were in Asheville.

dg.

Hi NHLA.... you post beautiful pictures!

Mike, I agree with you.  

And even if we don't know anyone close by, lIke Tet said, . "It's almost overwhelming all the never ending tragedy everywhere nowadays.

So sad about the helicopter crash.   Enke, pop in, eh?   Dave, Tet, i'm glad you're ok.

Thanks for hugs, they are very welcome right now.   Mariposai, I almost sent you a message requesting butterfly hugs in particular!

Tet thanks for sharing your taper..       you ok?   You're making me a little nervous with these training runs.   It's a slippery slope, my friend.

tw,  Holly... thanks.   I really appreciate the input, esp. about the leg strength balance.   I asked the doctor last week about pool running & he said no no no.  Maybe just 2 nos.  I'm not exactly sure why, though it had only been 3 weeks.   The fracture is comminuted (in several pieces) but nondisplaced,    The goal seems to be to keep it that way, & he's also checking for compression.      My gym has a great pool & even a chair they can use to get it in.   I never thought I'd be using it!       I'll see what he says when I go back in a couple of weeks.   I admit I'm nervous about it though, I was thinking through the pool running procedure (I did some last fall. had to go buy a bathing suit.   ack)  & I don't like the idea of  crutches on all the wet floor I'd have to traverse to get there.   Along with scurrying late for work people, it gets pretty crowded.  But there must be some way to do it.

tw, what were your mri results?
          Holly, was all well at the dentist?

Aamos, wtg!

Robin, I hope your shoulder heals quickly

Mariposai

Erika, were are you?

14 miles this evening with 6 @ 10k pace. It felt good.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

Um... hey, I'm right here! What's up?

For some reason, this winter is just really feeling "old" to me. And we haven't even been dealing with the repeat storms and bad weather that a lot of you have been dealing with. For an Alaskan, I really can't complain (but watch out, I will anyway...). We've had such really nice weather so far this year, especially the last few weeks, but it warms up enough to get stuff melting, and then it refreezes at night. This goes on every day, not warm enough to really make much crap go away, although the main roads are getting better (it's not like "Ice Road Trucker" every day!), but the sidewalks, bikepaths and parking lots are really icy. DS1 asked if I wanted to go home and run from here tonight. Hell no, our roads here are an icy rutty mess. Bleh.

So.... 7.25 miles today in exactly an hour. And for Spareribs' benefit, when I post to my log, I usually drop anything in the hundreths range because I think the Garmin is usually overly generous with the mileage. Temps were upper 20's, ice was everywhere.

SteveP

I don't like it when you are injured, DG

SteveP

New skirt in town

Erika, I always run 0.1 mile more than I am supposed to, and then knock off 0.1 mile from the total. Just to keep my totals honest.  So yesterday when I reported that I ran 8.8, I had actually run 8.91 according to my device.

--Robin

NO  MO MELANOMA! Help me run 26.2 miles and raise $5000 for the Melanoma Foundation of NE.  Visit this page to learn more:  http://tinyurl.com/NO-MO-MELANOMA