Masters Running

Saturdaily (Read 35 times)

Mariposai

Nice 14 miler, Holly. Mr Paxton was also the speaker at a Fair Housing conference I attended this year. Hoarding is a sad mental illness and does not know social or financial status.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

pfriese

16.5 miles to finish the week, rest day tomorrow (vacation). Last "long run" before Boston. Smile

Paul

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

It is really nice to hear how well everybody seems to be healing up around here, lately.  I hope it continues.  Wouldn't it be great if we could just work as had and as long as we wanted without having to worry about hurting ourselves?

very nice race, Falcon!

Steve--I wish I was as good at my job as you seem to be at yours.  I guess I could say that about a lot of people in here.  You all are pretty impressive...even outside of running.

Today, I had "one of those runs".  I went out to do 16 miles in around a 7:17 pace.  My training plan calls for 7:29, but I like doing them a little faster.  I started out with a 14 mph headwind so I knew I would have to exert a little more effort to maintain that pace but when I looked at my watch, I was going at a 7:08 pace.  I told myself to take it easy but I never slowed down.  It was just a nice comfortable run the whole way.  The last 3 miles is where I usually start to have to really work to maintain my pace but, with a 14 mph wind at my back, maintaining a sub 7 minute pace was a breeze.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

wildchild

Carolyn

Speedy run, Mike!  And speedy racing for Falcon!

I did a 20 mile trail run yesterday with my training partner, Siri, and her husband Tim.  We lost Tim about halfway through - up till then, he waited at trail junctions for us, but we got to a junction and he wasn't there.  We'd briefly talked about our route before we started, so we thought he knew which way we were going, but we didn't see him again till we were almost back to the cars, and he was coming up the trail looking for us. Oh well, we all know the park trails pretty well, and Tim and I were both carrying maps, so no fear of getting lost.  There's a lot of climbing (4400 ft elevation change) so it was a tiring run, but beautiful.

This morning we all ran a 10k with the Colorado Masters Running Association, on paved (shudder!)  paths along the South Platte River. Siri and I decided not to "race" it, since we were tired from yesterday, so we ran slowly with a few friends, and finished in 1:10.  That was good enough for 4th AG for me and 3rd AG for Siri - we were surprised, considering how leisurely our pace was!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Yes, some speedy runs today.  And recovering runs for Erika and Mari.

Need to break the very bad habit of only running on weekends.  The bed magnet seems awfully strong these days during the week.  But I did make it out for a 3.1 lake loop this morning.  Met my DS's old BB coach and did some catching up for most of the loop.  guess it was a good pace--we were able to chat the whole way.

likely no running tomorrow, but a fair amount of driving and walking as DW and I head north to Maine Maple Sunday.  It's a yearly event where many of the sugar houses have open houses to watch the syrup getting boiled, eat many different maple flavored goodies, and waiting in line with a lot of other folks doing the same thing.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I got in 7.5 this afternoon.

Nothing of note, except maybe the hip is getting better every day.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

Good to see so many of our friends recovering from a variety of injuries.

Mike E your speed is just breathtaking. No really, if I tried to run at your paces I could not breath. 

pfriese hard to believe it will soon be Marathon Monday. Tax day too, but you cannot have everything.

I ran 10 miles today and my DW 4. Then we went to meet her siblings at her late mom's house. Spent the day cleaning out stuff. My constant refrain was "you do not have to take it come, but it cannot stay here." It worked despite some unpleasant looks from her sisters on occasion. If they are going to get that house on the market it has to get cleaned out.

In case it slipped your mind, join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for this year's Reach the Beach Relay on September 14 and 15! We need you!!! We are not looking for speed. Just a group to throw a 30 hour party with in a couple of vans. So join today! Just send me a message via the RA messaging system and I will get back to you. If you have my regular email or prefer sending a Facebook personal message that is fine too. I can guarantee you will have a great time or your, or your, or your clearly in need of psychiatric help!  Remember the sooner you sign up the less you pay!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

evanflein

I know, I'm always amazed at Mike's speed, and he's so casual about it, too. Quite the run there, Mr. Evans.

And Falconfixer with his casual "meh" marathons entered at the last minute, and a speedy half marathon the next week. Geez.

And Carolyn ran a 10k on pavement! I had to do a double take on that one. And yeah, it's amazing you don't get lost more often with all those mountain trails you run.

My leg was talkin' to me a bit after the run and again at times today. I have some swelling that I don't like, not a lot but noticeable compared to the other leg. I've heard that's to be expected at this stage, but others have expressed concern. I guess it wouldn't hurt to go back to the doc for another x-ray and a check in to see how it's healing. Anyway, no run or workout today, other than over an hour shoveling snow off our deck. Holy carp, we have a lot of snow! On the deck, there's easily 2 feet of packed snow. We got over 80" this winter, and we cleared the deck mid-winter. The snow now is pretty well packed down, it's like carving through sand to dig it out. I got the deck table cleared off so the ice at the bottom can thaw, and got all the chairs dug out and the entire east side of the deck. DH went out and is working on the rest. We never finished the gutter work when we redid the deck so getting the snow off means less water running down the side of the house, so important to get it off. We'll finish the gutter work sometime, hopefully this summer when we redo our roof.

I get to run tomorrow! Smile