Masters Running

November 2018 Masters' Miles (Read 25 times)

an amazing likeness

Welcome to December.

This month, to my experience, is the hardest month for runners. The pressures of year-end mileage goals go into combat with dark mornings and evenings, and need to bear down against weather and time pressures of the holidays. A summer's evening jog has now become an exercise in selecting the right outfit, headlights, and footing in snow, ice and rain.

Early winter is here.

I'll note that some of the most prolific amateur runners here in New England write in their blogs they take a few weeks off in December, let a few pounds accumulate and just chill for a bit before returning to the pounding miles of January.

Time to post those hard-earned, concrete grey sky November miles, race results and running achievements.

Turkeys trotting...

Just had to add this pic...ugly sweater 5K today...yep...that's pretty bad. (not me, by the way)

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Mike E

MM #5615

You described December, perfectly, milktruck.

While I didn't run many miles in the month of November--I had a great month of running.  I ran the Harrisburg Marathon in memory of an old friend and with my son.  I thought of Ron often as I ran the course that he described to me while walking across a bridge 3 years before.  And I did this with Ryan by side most of the way.  I was at the finish line to see him cross and to watch as he celebrated with other runners who had been working so hard to get under 3 hours.  These are memories that I will cherish forever.

NOV: 93 Miles

YTD: 1993 Miles

That's it--thanks, milktruck!

20.60 miles running, 34.88 indoor cycling.

Seems like there should have been more running miles...

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

pfriese

Thanks milktruck

Mileage down a bit for me post NYC Marathon.

November running: 113.6 miles

NYC Marathon: 4:19:56

Chill Your Cheeks 5K: 23:50 (1AG)

Paul

BTY

Hi Milktruck

A former runner, I'm now posting my daily swimming workouts on the Daily. and so I will report my swimming mileage here as well unless you don't want it here, and I'm perfectly fine with that.  Either way.

12.5 miles swimming in November.

I'm around 30 miles for the year, having started September 24th.

Brian

Quickadder

137.6 November miles and through to the final of the RA mileage game.

1422 YTD

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

SubDood

Thanks, milktruck! Great pictures.

My only race was a Turkey Trot 5K, 2nd AG.

November: 234.8 mi

2018:  2809.8 mi

Tramps

72 running

182 on the bike.

Be safe. Be kind.

129.5 miles and certainly the hardest month for me.  I have a injury that likely will cause me to DNS at the BMW Dallas Marathon this weekend.  The fact I had to take a DNS last time I signed up for a marathon doesn't help, 2 years ago for the St. George Marathon, one of my favorites.  Still, I will prevail in the end!

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

TammyinGP

November miles were pretty low.  I didn't do very many longer runs so while I ran sort of consistently (took about a week off due to a bit of ankle soreness), most of my runs were shorter in length, so I guess that's reflected in my monthly total.

Tammy

spacityrunner

Thanks Milky (saw this in another forum here and liked it...hope you do too) 

November was a comeback month for me and I am happy happy happy..

80.6 miles

One half marathon!!!  Its been 3 years since my last half...whoooo hooo

Trails Rock!

coastwalker

Hi Milktruck.

Why doesn't the turkey on the left have it's right foot up like the rest of them? Marches to it's own drumstick?

126 recovery miles in Nov with no races.

Thanks,

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

135.4 for November and the 10K Turkey Trot.  That was OK mileage considering my 2 October falls and a bunch of travel.  Ran every day!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

evanflein

182.7 miles for November for me, no races.

58.7 November miles for me -nothing remarkable, but continuing on the road to recovery and managed an 8 mile loop for a "long" run

denise