Masters Running

Wednesdaily, 4.18.18 (Read 41 times)

evanflein

So I do find it interesting that your PT is prescribing running. Most won't do that. But maybe it's a way of controlling your return to running and I can appreciate that.

KSA that sounds like how I end up running too fast on regular runs. Once I pass someone, I can't stand to have them right behind me and really don't want them passing me back, so it goes. And Falconfixer's 5k story is great!

5.2 miles GA pace tonight after work. Can't wait till the path is completely dry, or at least mostly dry. I was on the side of the road tonight where there's a bikepath a few feet north of the road. They cut the hill down to make the path level with the road, which was really (really) stupid as every spring and after big rain storms, large sections of this path are under water or covered by mud from the erosion of the hill that was carved down. Some jerk in a pickup (typical) yelled at me to "get on the sidewalk!!" I was so pissed. Like listen, Jerk, if the path hadn't been constructed by idiots, you bet I'd be on it. Sure better than sharing the road with a$$hats like you. Grrr. Nobody needs that.

SteveP

we did agree that we both probably eat too much chocolate…

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

How is that humanly possible???

KSA-I don't think anyone is surprised.

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

It is hard to explain the satisfaction/exhilaration one gets from volunteering at a race, but it is there, and it is real. It is completely different from competing, but it is a satisfying and humbling feeling to know that you’ve helped someone else have a good race, and at the end of the day you feel just about as good as if you had competed. Hard to explain, but worth every minute.

Jay = no truer words have ever been spoken so eloquently.  
        Unlike volunteering at 5-and-10K fun runs that are over with so quickly, volunteering has been especially rewarding when giving back to epic ultras and IM’s and knowing from past personal experience exactly how much the runners appreciate each-and-every volunteer.  I do think I remembers those time even more than doing them.  How many years have you and deezi been at the Boston Start?  Not counting this year which might have produce a lot of “never,” does it ever make you want to RW it next time?  Are there many RW’ers?  Maybe you both should do RR’s too/

ps = great physical.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)