Masters Running

Royal Victoria Marathon (Read 437 times)

xor

Yay for 3:39!  Cool.  I was supposed to be there for the half; came to Texas instead.

And as I've said before: wow, Dove has hair.  Hee.  (I see Dove from time to time, but she's always wearing a hat)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

erika,

glad you finally got over to the RVM and did so well with a PR time in your last of that AG runs. However, maybe take advantage of all the Equinox/RVM momentum and don't wait so long for the next one so you can start the new one off without delay with a big PR too.  FYI, there's a flat out-and-back run of 26.2 miles the day before the Seattle Marathon along Lake Washington and Madronna Park that has 3:30 written all over it too.

What did you end up doing with that chip?  When I forget my Road ID and all they give you is that short little locking plastic ratchet tie, it usually ends up around my big toe looking  like an appointment with the ambulance, . . or worse.

ps - this is my third bailing of the RVM, . . .  a PR, . . . and there's not even any consulation sweatshirts anymore.

See you next month  <<<(SeattleGhostMarathon/SeattleGhostMarathon)>>>

ps - after two goddess PR times on the West Coast, the easters will be under a lot of pressure for all the marathons back there this weekend.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

First of all -you are just a natural beauty Erika!   What a great report and such a beautiful city.   Congratulations on such a great job.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
        It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

wow Erika -- absolutely amazing --  you have so much speed and beauty.......thank you for the awesome race report and pictures -- really made me feel the experience!!  congratulations!!

and even tho i'm sure you and others need no reminder,  i am going to say how blessed you all are that have the support of your spouse --- i can just feel the joy, pride and enthusiasm in your DHs voice..........i have to admit it makes me sad that i dont  have that in my life but am so happy for all of you that do!! 

denise

evanflein

Thanks you guys, the pocket-video thing was a fun new toy that DH got with his Field & Stream subscription. I think it's the only reason he got the magazine. Resolution isn't great, but it's nice for these quick shots.

Tetsujin... this wasn't a PR! Close though... 48 seconds slower than my Boston 2008 time. I figure I could've had it without the porta potty stop, but I wasn't about to try! And no-can-do on the Seattle races. Mike tried to talk me into doing the double, but I can't spend the $$. On a tight budget till Boston!

SteveP

Your race reports are always insperational. The pictures exceeded the U.S.D.A.'s recommended daily dose of hawt wimmen.

SteveP

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Nice race Erika!! You had some great paces and if you didn't have to have the stops it would have been a PR too! So your running is great even after Equinox!  Congratulations!

Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Congrats Erika!!  Awesome awesome awesome run!!  You are fast chickie!!  Love the pics, looks like it really was a nice place to run.  Thanks for a great report.

And Happy belated birthday too!

Amie

Troy Strawberry Festival 10k - 6/7/09 - Goal 46:xx -->46:18!!; Americana 5k - 7/4/09 - Goal 21:xx-->21:12!!; Brookville 5 miler - 7/25/09 - Goal-->34:xx-->36:21; Crim 10 Miler - 8/22/09 - Goal sub-1:15-->1:14:14!!; Alter 5k - 9/5/09 - Goal 20:xx-->20:32; AF Marathon - 9/19/09 - Goal sub-3:38 (PR)--> 3:41 (BQ)