Masters Running

40's On The Run - "Aim for success, not perfection....." (Read 387 times)

Ultrachick

Good luck and have fun, Jim, Lynda, Cindy and Leslie! So many people racing this weekend except for me! Big grin With my long run this morning I crossed the 1000 mile mark for this year! WooHoo! Shocked Kelly
    If you never go fast, you'll never go fast.
      Yea, Kelly!!!!!!!!!! Big grin Smile Big grin

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

With my long run this morning I crossed the 1000 mile mark for this year! WooHoo! Shocked Kelly
        WOW! Congratulations! You totally RAWK girl!...... again....when do you sleep?!? I think w/my run/race this wknd I'm over 400 since Jan. Big grin & Garmin says I've got 1239 since I strapped it on about 1 year ago....ahem, but many of those 1st miles were walking having a lovely morning here.....coffee in hand, waiting for DH to get up (Sunday is his only "sleep-in" day) so we can cruise the dogs down the Highline before moving paver rocks & heading up to Boulder for pre-race festivities....oh, maybe I ought to get off the computer & get a couple other chores done Roll eyes mta: just looking @ our logs.....I need to add colors to mine....it's lookin' kinda bland Sad course, I dunno how to log my stuff....everything is hill work, I usually do some surges/sustained tempo during nearly every run, even during my "long runs"......I have NO discipline! Roll eyes Oh, one more thing (I know, I'm babbling) started my w/my TNT training group, which has a group of volunteer coaches....one brief subject was form, incl. varying strides/foot landings...LSS: I tend to mix it up, mostly heel-toe, but sometimes, instead of a walk break, I go into a "toe landing shuffle" ....one of the coaches said that I definitely should be working to eliminate that....work towards being more consistently running, ~ except for walk breaks (?) & while I was chatting w/another woman about her Garmin..specifically setting it up on auto-pause & to record the mile splits to get a more accurate reading of "run time" & one of the coaches popped her head in w/that would somehow not be an accurate reflection of whether you could run a marathon?!?! Curious! Whatcha think of these things? C
        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

flatland mountaineer

Congrats Kelly, thats alot of miles. I might be close to 1000....... since I started running. Wink Just hanging out this morn before we take the dog to dad's.They will have a big time together cept when he helps with the memorial day services. Thanks to Joe, and other vets for their service. I got up early hoping to maybe get some work done but after a quick check, field was still to wet to work in. Did some yesterday, left deep tracks then moved to sandy ground. Feeling guilty about not working next 2 days as most of the time we usually work this holiday but we have done about as much as we can for now. Such a wet late spring everything has gotten shoved back, by the calendar we are behind but by the crops we are ok. Like a friend of mine says if you are behind because its too wet you are not behind at all and hopefully the crops will enjoy a break from our tending. Smile Soooo guess we will get ready and head west. Sending endurance vibes to Leslie not that she will need them. Wink Jim

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III