Masters Running

Is this where Everyone is? Monday 12/24 (Read 829 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Hello!? Is anyone out there that I know?? Smile Great time to get sick and loose track of everyone. Hope to be back out running by Wednesday if my chest and cough will allow it. Merry Christmas Eve to ALL!!! ~Mary 987 miles YTD and holding . . . .

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

anachrotech

Well, I don't know if you know me (I'm not that memorable), but I know your handle. Many boomers are here and some are at KR. Some post to both. I'm kinda leaning toward this site myself. Hope you get over your cold/flu soon. Merry Christmas ! 3 miles in 32:45. Good runs all.
      SteveP

Hi Mary....You just classed this site up a bit. Get well soon.

SteveP

spacityrunner

Hi Mary, thanks for starting us off today. hope you feel better real soon. No run/walk for me today. I will be out battling the grocery store crowds to get my Christmas dinner. I am encouraged that my foot did not bother me this a.m. after my 6'r yesterday. Figures, I get the MRI and the dang thing gets better. Jeeze But being on my feet all day today doing the grocery push and shove should let me know how it really feels. Thanks everyone for the words of encouragement yesterday. It helps. Good runs/races to all today. I will look forward to reading about them later.

Trails Rock!

Yahooo....hopeful 4 ever is here. Sorry you are not feeling well. Congratulations on the mileage. Even not feeling well, you are close enough that you should be able to make the 1,000 miles. By the way, there is a 1,000 mile club at this site that a number of us have joined for 2008. It has a pace bunny that keeps you on track and you can see the progress of everyone. You might enjoy that for next year. My running log is here now and I even entered in for 2007....I am now at 984 miles......Smile Glad to see you. There are plenty of us from CR that now are here.
            Vista

Marathon Maniac #957

Mary – (waving madly) – we’re over here! Here, pull up a chair, let me order you a drink. Do you need a menu? Don’t worry, we’d have sent out a search party and dragged you here if you didn’t find your way. Smile SteveP and dg9 – congratulations on your 1-year posting anniversary. Soundrunner – happy tapering. I’m so accustomed to waking up at 5 or 5:30 that I still wake up then on my days off. The difference is that I get to take a nap later. This morning was 30 degrees colder than yesterday (26 instead of 56), with 20mph winds. I was scheduled to do my hill workout, but I didn’t want to go out. What I REALLY wanted to do was stay on the treadmill in the garage. But I thought of Erika, slogging it out in 0 degrees yesterday, and was inspired to suit up and tough it out. I made it about a half-mile and then I tripped over a tiny pebble or speck of dust and went skidding on the pavement on my left elbow and hip. There’s grace for you. I managed to scrape my elbow even through 2 tech shirts, but thankfully I didn't tear the fabric. 8.55 miles today, which included 4 trips up Big Hill Road and down the other side. This is the 3rd time I’ve done this workout, and this time I managed to do it without any walking breaks (although walking might be faster than the stagger/gasp pace near the top). There are no streetlamps on this road, but the full moon was out to cast a bright light, and the view from the top of the ridge of the city lights laid out below is quite stunning. DH had to work today, so I am home with the kids, trying to figure out the ipod nano that my dad got DS (my own mp3 player is not an ipod), and the v-tek laptop computer they got DD. Sometimes Christmas can be technologically overwhelming as I try to figure out my kids' toys. I'm taking them for a bowling lunch later. Then my nap with DD. Smile Happy Monday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Yea, Mary -- now almost all the Michigan crew is here! By the way, if you click the Reports link at the left, you can get an entire roster of this group's membership. It's a bit slow, but you'll eventually get it. I hope you recover soon, but at least your 1000 miles is within close reach. Ugh! Sorry about your fall, Holly -- I know that feeling a bit too well. But no lasting injury, apparently. Dave/CassadAAmius: How about an update on your AT's progress? We need to hear that you're back on the road. I didn't have it in me to go out in 20 degrees and 30mph wind, so maybe just a stint on the TM later. My MIL and SIL are coming over this afternon and the women will whip up a batch of authentic Upper Peninsula pasties. Then a late-evening trip to Midnight Mass will top off our traditional Christmas Eve. Good running and Merry Christmas Eve to all! Smile

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Tramps

Mornin' everyone. I almost feel like I'm getting back into a routine by posting here. Good to see more folks every day. (Hi Mary!) I enjoyed catching up on the late (for me) posts on yesterday's thread...mariposai, Soundrunner, evanflein, et. al. Some great running going on. Holly--sorry about the simul-post yesterday. (I wonder why we can't delete our own post here?) Great run today (ETA, I meant "Big Hill Road", not the spill!) 7.5 miles (I forgot to plug in my Garmin back after Saturday's run...oops) at, I'm guessing, 8:45 pace. Beautiful IRC morning...36F warm enough for shorts but nice and cool...gorgeous full (?) moon making everything oddly white. I imagine lots of folks will be off the board to be with family and friends this week. Happy holidays to all of you.

Be safe. Be kind.

no running today...it is a rest day...if you can call getting ready for XMAS and a trip to Dallas as rest. Everyone have a nice Christmas and holiday.. Tim, Ardmore, OK.
                      Just another easy 5 miles at an 8:24 pace or there abouts...
                      Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                      dg.

morning everybody! it sure makes me smile seeing you all. Mary, I can't believe you're still sick. get better. Doug, I was pretty amazed that you headed out in that wind yesterday. just going to the library later felt like an adventure. It's wonderful to hear you say your SIL will be there. enjoy, sounds like a nice day. Holly, yikes. glad you're ok. I hate that skidding part. After a cup of green tea, I went to the gym. 12:40 on the elliptical, 27:41 on the recumbent bike, then 20 minutes swimming. they closed it for maintenance but I was running late anyway. Tramps, me too. best of everything to everybody.
                        SteveP

Holly, sorry bout your fall. Ouch!!!! Have DH kiss it and make it better. Roch, I'll be over for Pasties!!!!!!!!!! Sweet. 3.25 miles today. I'll share them with you Mary, if you'd like. Lots of ice. Even with cleats on, I fell. Nothing as kewl as Holly though. I was scampering back to my feet before I was done sliding and reaching for the stop watch. On the way back, DD#1 and SIL # only were pulling out of thier drive way!!! They're final building inspection is Wednesday, then they can move in!!!!!! I'm looking forward to lifting heavy things. Hi DG!!!! It's good to post here. Naked

SteveP

Holly, sorry bout your fall. Ouch!!!! Have DH kiss it and make it better.
                            Sounds good to me. Dark Horse
                            I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
                              07something 42 F I ran one mile today. Wow. What a nice feeling! Hopeful Mary, Here is what Trainer Steve says: "If you're sick above the neck, you can run through it. If you're sick below the neck, do not run with it." (And he was voted College Athletic Trainer of the Year, Nationally! So listen to Trainer Steve. And feel better soon! (that's from me)
                              LaVita
                                Sounds good to me. Dark Horse
                                I didn't think you could resist that one!
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM