Masters Running

First Saturday run of 2010 (Read 471 times)

Mariposai

.Four years later we were married. Those who have felt sorry for Mrs.P, she knew what she was getting into. I was the one in the Batman shirt.

Proof it!!!!batman shirt on your wedding???

What a cool way to have the funnest first impression!!!

You are one kul cat Mr.SteveP

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

did you ever wear 'em again?

so sorry pdr. 

what did dod think of his daughter running, especially marathons, . . and Maniac at that.

Incidentally, we have some 85 marathons/ultras a year in the PNW still waitin' for you some day, you know.

ziggy, he never said anything about 11 times a night

but our own TomDet used to post about a TimTam 50K.

cny - Too hard and dangerous for me anymore but we have some of the freebie fat asses out here too, supposedly to atone for the excesses of holiday eating so congratulations on your run.  However, it it's out here, they are all fat asses not matter how far.  There's no half ass category.

eliz - marathons don't count unless you tell ilene too.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

SteveP, she may have known what she was getting into, but I still believe she needs support and hugs {{Mrs.P}} Sounds like you made a good impression on the kids if she's still hanging around.

Eliz, way to go on being an inspiration to another. Some people may have the talent to run, but lack the motivation. Sounds like you've provided that for this neighbor of yours. What is your race, anyway? Is it on the Intrepid list?

Leslie, nice long run for you today. Don't be too smug about your RP's soreness though... I seem to remember a "been there, done that" moment for you! 

Holly, your marathon training plan starts with 18 mile long runs? Yikes. Mine wouldn't get there till late February sometime for an April 19 race...

It was -35°F this morning. Brrrr! Even at -17° here at the house, I was in no hurry to get out in that! And my ankle/foot has been bothering me again (still?) so I opted for a trip to the gym with DH and DS2 for elliptical and weights. I think I've figured out what is ailing me... but it's odd because I don't pronate. But I did run a lot of rough trails this fall, and RVM was run on roads with crowned centers.

https://www.northcoastfootcare.com/footcare-info/tendonitis.html#posteriortibialtendonitis

The spots where it says "areas of pain" are right where it hurts. Damn.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Harriet and Lou, my condolences on your loss.

3.5 miles of running today just because I didn't want to break the 2010 streak... really no ill effects from yesterdays 50k just a sore spot on a the back of  my heel that's worrying me a bit, of course working and standing all day didn't help.

6/7 miles planned with a friend tomorrow morning..I hope I'll be able to keep up with the pace!!

A good Saturday night to all!!

Francesca

((Harriet))  your dad sounds like a wonderful man - so glad he was able to meet baby Nate!

cny - very impressive indeed!!

eliz - so cool!! love to hear stories of how we inspire others!!

steveP -- everytime i see a batman symbol i think of you!!  now i'll be thinking of those false teeth too! lol

leslie - i really wish you didnt post that picture -- now i want to try those timtams!!

i was going to get out and run 8 with my friends who are starting their Boston training, but had a terrible night sleep filled with nightmares and night sweats ........grrrr....... did get out of bed at 6:45 when a friend texted me to say she was definitely going, but between the lousy sleep combined with the wind and snow i sent a reply saying i was going back to bed, but only because i  knew there was a decent group going and she wouldnt be alone!!

gym workout:  2 miles treadmill, 20 minutes arc trainor, 20 minutes bike, stretched and abs

my detox will start maybe tomorrow but defnitely monday  - my scale is definitely broken Bill!!  for some strange reason it has me up 4lbs -- that just cant be!!

denise

CNY - My RP and I had planned on participating in a Fat Ass up in Oregon in a couple of weeks, but it's not going to work out.  Bummer.  I was looking forward to it.  We weren't going to be able to do the whole 31 miles, but were going to do 20 with 16 the next day.  Oh well.  Maybe next year.

Erika - on the foot.  Are you going to tackle as suggested in the article? Heck, for the ice, all you have to do is stick your foot outside your door!   -35 degrees. How do you even function in those temps???  And my RP, Karen?  It's a very rare day that she's the one falling apart, so I have to gloat when I get the chance.  Don't worry, though.  She'll get even with me soon enough.

As far as the Tim Tams go, everyone - just say no!

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance