Masters Running

Saturday 12/8/18 (Read 38 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Oh...my favorite Christmas movie has to be Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer.  "Didn't I ever tell ya about Bumbles?  Bumbles bounce!"

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, I sort of broke rule #1 today (which I love doing in the summer BTW).  Been raining all day, so I went to the base for Mass (Feast of the Immaculate Conception) around lunchtime.  After Mass, I went by my office, changed, and ran to the fitness center annex with the 1/8 mile indoor track.  I did 52 laps then ran back to the office (in the rain).  Worked this afternoon then went to the evening vigil Mass for tomorrow (lectured at both Masses).  Now back at the apartment.

Steve, sorry to hear about your friend.  FWIW, I doubt I'd tell anyone (outside of really immediate family) if I were sick.

Joe, I like the approach with DGS#1.  Looking forward to hearing the stories!

Rochrunner, Congratulations!

runr_nut, Brrr!  I once did a 15k/5k (did both races) where it was 18 deg F when the first race started and had warmed all the way to 20 for the second one.

BTY, Wow!  That's one heck of a swim workout!

MikeE, I'm with you; don't really care one way or the other about Army/Navy.  Honestly, I may know how AF does....but not that involved there either.

Mariposai (and Joe), DS#1 was diagnosed with Landau-Kleffner (think of it as a cross between autism and epilepsy) when he was 6.  He never spoke beyond echovolaic (sp?) speech (but could make his needs known).  Over the years his seizures got worse (eventually got approval from the insurance company to install a vagal nerve stimulator).  He should have had a normal lifespan but as we all know....you never know.  He had a seizure in his sleep (normally DW's dogs would alert when he seized, they didn't that night); and aspirated in his sleep.  He was 24 1/2.  In a couple of months it will have been 4 years.  Certainly we miss him, but we do believe he is in a better place (no seizures, can communicate, etc).  I only mentioned it yesterday because while we certainly still talk about DS#1 periodically, it has been a while since we talked about a gift for him.

Have a greta night everyone!