Masters Running

Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Week 1 (Read 387 times)

Renee the dog

Holly -- diet ideas. Well one I found as the weather gets colder hot tea curbs my appetite a bit. Just tea, no sugar, no pretending-to-be sugar. Just tea. I have a cup, and then decide if I still need a snack. Often, the answer is no. Perhaps that will work for you?

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Nono - I don't like tea. Can I substitute some hot water with brandy in it? Big grin

Renee the dog

Nono - I don't like tea. Can I substitute some hot water with brandy in it? Big grin
        OK, in my book, but I think Holly's more hardcore than me. Big grin

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

evanflein

Nono that is a good idea! I totally forgot about that. Sometimes when I have the munchies in the afternoon (usually triggered by boredom), a cup of green tea or cinnamon orange tea will help take the edge off. I snack when I'm bored so it helps just to have something to fiddle with. I find the flavored teas are the best, and I do sometimes add a bit of honey. R2Farm, gotta ditch the talking scale! And good to plan for the party and where the "clear sailing" is before and after. Good luck. Leslie, no concerns about my intake being too low. I'm just proof that portion control is so important, even when you're talking brown rice, veggies, fish and such. My oldest son and I can eat half a salmon just between the two of us... just love it... Blush
            i slipped up very badly last night and this morning -- won't even tell you what i ate..........now getting ready for work and packing some green tea in my work bag -- i didn't run yesterday or today so i really need to watch the calorie intake better than what i'm doing..........now off to birth some babies!! Big grin

denise

I would, but I'm still reeling from evanflein saying no beer since the beginning of Nov. Surprised
              Well, I think that's been the secret to my success (If you can call it that). I've not had beer since then either. I have been trying hard to find another answer for it, but it keeps coming back to the beer. And I love having a couple of beers and a plate of nachos while watching football. Wait a minute Surprised....it's the NACHOS! Shocked Hallelujah! Good bye nachos, hello Sam Adams!
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #957

Hallelujah! Good bye nachos, hello Sam Adams!
                Seems like a fine trade to me....I'm currently thinking about giving up dinner for wine tonight, myself... Big grin

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

anachrotech

I'm the same - Unfortunately, It's been years since I could use the hormonally challenge excuse Sad , perhaps lack of hormones would fit better - seems if I eat more than 1/5 of what I use to I'll pack them on. On the upside, I'm getting my miles up which I'm sure will do more than anything else.