Masters Running

WeweweWednesdaily 4/25 (Read 38 times)

TammyinGP

get permission for a dental procedure that is necessary? it's not like this is purely cosmetic like whitening?  if his appendix were ready to burst would he have to ask permission for an appendectomy? 
     I try to keep mum when you vent out stuff. He makes me so angry the way he treats you, especially then when I see him say something on FB about how much he loves his hot wife, but I know he actually treats you differently when you aren't out in public or amongst friends.  I'll shut up now but he doesn't deserve you Holly.

It's 86 degrees now. sufficiently hot out so I guess I'll go for a run!

Tammy

I agree- NO asking permission for necessary dental work (or much of anything else, for that matter).

2 outside miles this evening to test out the leg.  It was pretty tight. Loosens up some as I go along, but still uncomfortable.  I wanted to get outside because the rain is coming back.  Doesn't feel any worse after the run.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

4 hilly trail miles, but ez effort

aches and pains of achilles and outer hip are still there but manageable. Why is it we're all getting plagued by injuries right now? Some sort of change-up in training for everyone because of racing season?

wildchild; now you're in my fav area! A couple good runs are out to the Joint Trail through Chesler Park area of Canyonlands (needles) and around the Upheaval Dome (island in the sky).

holly; yeah, I know how THAT is, implant or...brand new car. I'm looking in to medical tourism to see about getting a couple implants to replace a bridge I've had for 20 years. Local costs are up to $15k per implant, which is ridiculous. If I can go on a tropical vacation to SE Asia and get both done for $5k total by dentists who went to dental school in the USA, I'll go that route. I'm leery of the "Dental City" on the US/Mexico border, I've heard mixed things.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

evanflein

get permission for a dental procedure that is necessary? it's not like this is purely cosmetic like whitening?  if his appendix were ready to burst would he have to ask permission for an appendectomy? 
           I try to keep mum when you vent out stuff. He makes me so angry the way he treats you, especially then when I see him say something on FB about how much he loves his hot wife, but I know he actually treats you differently when you aren't out in public or amongst friends.  I'll shut up now but he doesn't deserve you Holly.

Tammy said it pretty well, as did Karen so I don't have much to add other than "Ditto!"

Got out for my run earlier today because it looked like it might rain when I was thinking of going at 4 or so. Well, now there's bright sunshine and no rain in sight. Oh well, got it done even if I had to cut it short a bit due to afternoon meetings. 4.6 miles, with a biggish hill in the middle. Leg is doing well. I really feel like I've turned the corner on this one, so to speak, although still taking building up the miles slowly. Heh, I'm so out of shape I have no choice!

Checked my email, and found out that I WON the "guess the winning time" for the Grand Blue Mile from Bring Back The Mile!

I picked the men's winner and was 0.12 off the winning time. I get a swag bag of BBTM gear and a pair of New Balance FuelCore Sonic shoes from Running Warehouse. Not too stoked about those particular shoes, but hey, they're free.

If you aren't participating in their contests, sign up! www.bringbackthemile.com it's free to enter.

They only allow a person to win their contests once a season, so I'm one and done.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Holly - maybe try pretending that it hurts like heck.

Oh, it already does?  Either way, pretend to take

lots of tylenol/aleve, etc. before bed, work, etc.

(but take 'em to work and throw away),

go to bed after work in great tooth pain

so bad you can't cook dinner

or take DD to wherever you

take her all the time, etc.

Tell him the pain was so bad you had to make

an appointment with the dentist during lunch.

For me, though they were the bottom two back molars that got pulled last year leaving the uppers hanging in space that I didn't let the dentist replace with implants, I reluctantly went along with DW's two procedures (invisiline done / bridge pending) for teeth that had to be pulled because of abscesses and were basically just cosmetically needed to make her feel good.  Maybe when DH gets this old and retired and rid of so many of so many younger-era stresses, he'll be happy to do anything that makes you happy too.  good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

if his appendix were ready to burst would he have to ask permission for an appendectomy? 

Okay---this is about the funniest thing I've read...ever...

I went 6 easy miles, today, after work.  Then I ordered new tires for the Mustang...since it stopped snowing...

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

+1

Really?  The fact that you’d even have to be worried about getting “permission “ to take care of a pretty important part of your anatomy is pretty absurd. Don’t put up with that bulls@$@ Holly!!

C-R

Hey all.

Man it's a tough crew in here but we're still running and on the proper side of the dirt. Heal up everyone.

Holly - get the work done on your teeth. Its a quality of life issue and shouldn't be an issue IMO. Speaking of which, I get to have a new crown. No root canal thankfully.

Back is doing better. Figured out the problem. Office chair and my posture. Seriously. Self inflicted no less. Ugh. Now looking for a better solution. Going to see if the company will spring for a nice chair for my home office. Figure its not too big of an ask. Anyone else do this?

Well back to work. On deadline for a big proposal.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                    "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Norm- i bet they will.  However, if you get a note from your doctor that you need a certain chair, the company will provide it as an ADA accommodation.  That’s what we all had to do to get our standing desks.  No questions asked and  that way the company isn’t giving something to some and not others just because someone wants it.  Doctors will do this willingly.     I have a kneeling chair at home in my office and it’s really good.  It has a seat so you aren’t completely kneeling the whole time-  you sort of perch on the edge of the seat and your knees bear the weight. Your back is in a good position.  I probably should have one at work.  It wasn’t expensive.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003UZ1U6K/ref=asc_df_B003UZ1U6K5452518/?tag=hyprod-20&creative=394997&creativeASIN=B003UZ1U6K&linkCode=df0&hvadid=167118707651&hvpos=1o7&hvnetw=g&hvrand=9491792503135322551&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9013116&hvtargid=pla-274890777556

Healing vibes to all who are hurting, especially you on the MRI tomorrow, Jlynne.  Aches and pains are inevitable the older we get but I am thankful my wrist is feeling better, not 100% yet but it hurts less and less.

Holly, I agree with everyone, go ahead and get the dental work done.

I got a run in at 5am and then again at 5pm. So, 2.5 miles clockwise around the park then 2.5 miles counter-clockwise.  35F (feels like 22) and then 55F and sunny ☀️ later on.   I am trying to make friends with the goose sitting on her nest so she won't attack me later this summer.  So far she just glares at me. I am not too optimistic.  Did I mention that the snow is disappearing fast but it does turn into big piles of "snirt" first.

Goodnight folks, see ya in the morning.

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

Mariposai

Just a quick post here. Omak Orchards in Bloom is this weekend.  Crazy week for the RD who is already working 60 hours a week. But this is an important event for our community,  so working on events details to the wee hours is all worth it.

Meanwhile,  knee is not recovering well to PT  plan. Two more weeks on intense therapy then off we go to the surgeon. .

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

(((((JLynne)))))  My heart goes out to you.

I feel like doing back flips seeing DG and Roch.

Leslie - Swoon.

It's a shame that people go into debt for health care. It's a bigger shame that "Love, Honor and Cherish" gets tossed to the wayside in committed relationships. I'd be more inclined to skip a procedure myself due to finances than argue against DW having the same thing done.

SteveP