Masters Running

40's On the Run - Week of 02/02/08 - And the Giants Win!! (Read 543 times)

Runs with ALTITUDE!

Saph - I love your little graphics guys. How do you do that?
    Here's my source: http://www.elstopsis.nl/SmiliesIndex/SmiliesIndex2English.html I download them to Photobucket www.photobucket.com and put them in messages here using the "image" icon (far right) If our weather holds (!!!) I should be good for another run tomorrow...YAY! Have a great weekend everyone. Smile

jfa

Thanks Saph!! Cool site. I even found Buddy runnin loose.That sum of a gum don't ever get tired! Yes

I'm in kitty heaven! And I finally made it to Pasadena - five hours after I was suppose to get here. And once here, a lot of the rooms weren't ready 'cause the Virgin Airlines crew left late. All the gals had great hair and makeup, and long red coats. It was a striking statement with about 20 or so of them standing around in the lobby. Although it had to have been in the 70s here today, so I'd guess they were roasting in the coats. I nixed the Friday reception and class I was suppose to go to and am now delightfully ensconced in my room, trying to figure out how to turn the heat down, and watching one of my guilty pleasures, "What Not to Wear." There's a neat little shopping area behind the hotel, and I bought two bags of Harry & David Truffles (dark chocolate and peanut butter chocolate) a bag of moose mix. Those stupid peanut butter/chocolate truffles Shocked Shocked. They nab ya at the door with a taster and it's all over from there. They have a nice workout room here, but in walking around this evening, it seems pretty safe and I don't think I could get too lost in the dark early a.m. hours. Have a great weekend, everyone!

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Kewl Saph! Thanx!! Now I gotta nother place to wander about lost in for hours n hours online Undecided Just added http://ihasahotdog.com/ too..... this is definitely cutting into my running time Surprised Glad ya finally made it Leslie! Have some chocolate for me Evil grin oh, then you'll have to run for me too! Big grin Weatherman say it gonna be 54*F sunshiney & calm winds Smile hopefully DS1 git his butt here so wecan go enjoy it!!
          Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Queen of 3rd Place

I just have to pass this on - yesterday I was running along a stretch of reclaimed railway (now a multi-use trail), which is a straight shot so you can see ahead almost a mile. Way ahead there was a little old man with what looked like a small dog, maybe 10 lbs, fluffy, and it was sort of bouncing up and down in an odd way...it just didn't look right. As I got closer, I realized he had his PERSIAN CAT on a LEASH, and this was one UNHAPPY kitty! The guy started to try and walk, well that cat just locked all four brakes, so the guy was dragging it along the ground...and the cat had one of those LOOKS that cats get, the "I curse you and all of your descendants to the worst kind of hell that exists!!!" look. I couldn't help but crack up - as I passed the guy and cat paused and just sort of looked completely exasperated. Arla

Ex runner

Good evening all.... Quiet evening around here tonight......hubby and dd16 went to the Nascar Bud Shootout in Daytona. They left at 6 this morning. So I spent the whole day cleaning.....yep, got alot done. Made dinner for dd18 and myself and now just turning on the t.v. to watch a little of the race. Not a big fan, but I can handle a little of it. No runs to report....enjoy the rest of the evening! Jewels
              But in the end, I'm more afraid of not trying, than failing. JJJessee