Masters Running

St. Mary's Hospital 5K - Saginaw, MI (Read 253 times)

coastwalker

Hi Tom, Good call to choose the 5K, in deference to your problematic hammie. And you did a great job of running a controlled race, and pulled off some rather nice negative splits. Congrats also on, as you usually do, making the race a social event, and on keeping the streak alive - that's very impressive! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Great job Tom...Kudos....for making the wise choice to run the 5K vs the 10K all things considering. It's always great to go out and run a race with friends isn't it. You kept your streak alive, feel no adverse effects on the hamstring and negative splitss too!! Cool
      selb3

Good race and well executed plan - given the hamstring issues. I must say, perhaps there is something to starting slowerand picking it up as you go. Fine job and way to keep the streak going! Dave

Marathon Maniac #957

Negative splits, nicely done!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

King of PhotoShop

I don't know how I missed this when you first posted it but I thank Holly for giving it a bump. Tom, I hope that leg is feeling better now after this kind of performance. I can just hear your friends at the starting line before your next race, "Watch out for Selby. He has a heck of a kick." Spareribs
              I'm even later than the others in seeing this and responding, but you know the reason for that. Another good job in a local event, Tom. Your reports are always enjoyable to read. So what's on your schedule for the rest of the year? I'm sure you'll be at the Crim, but are you planning on a long season-finale event like last year's HM?

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Tom... faster and faster and faster and still faster! Nice race! It's nice to go Garminless sometimes. Steve

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Great job Tom, That's the way to have fun at races. Big grin Lucky for the winner it was only a 5k Wink I don't know how I missed your report 2 weeks ago Confused

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.