Masters Running

Tuesday, 02 Junesday 2009 (Read 418 times)

SteveP

Nono, when the pavement kisses back, you've got problems.

Hopeful, you and your DH have good hearts.

3.1 Tag miles today. The dog was acting on edge, very alert and wanting to head for the high grounds. 3/4 through the first loop, three deer bolted out in front of us. The deer BQ'd. Tag BQ'd and I set a new PR for steeplechase. After a we got back together, we had a little talk. Running deer out this way could get the guy shot. How do you explain that to a 10 month old puppy? I wound up asking him if remembered that one little operation he had. He squeezed his legs together and winced. I told him that getting shot is a lot like that but not as much fun. Maybe he gets it.

SteveP

((Mary, dh and Edwards new family))  so sorry to hear about the puppy but good that the autopsy showed a definitive cause...........you and your dh are wonderful to offer the family another puppy at half cost -- that really is so kind and generous of you.

rest day for me -- glad tomorrow is national running day and track night for me!! 

denise

1 Tag miles today. The dog was acting on edge, very alert and wanting to head for the high grounds. 3/4 through the first loop, three deer bolted out in front of us. The deer BQ'd. Tag BQ'd and I set a new PR for steeplechase. After a we got back together, we had a little talk. Running deer out this way could get the guy shot. How do you explain that to a 10 month old puppy? I wound up asking him if remembered that one little operation he had. He squeezed his legs together and winced. I told him that getting shot is a lot like that but not as much fun. Maybe he gets it.

Mary - You and your hub are good people.  I really feel for the owner, but hopefully his heart will heal while playing with his grandpuppy.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

SteveP there was once a very funny Farside cartoon that in the left panel showed a header with "What Dogs Hear" and below it somebody saying to a dog something line, "Bad dog Ralph!  You should not be digging in the yard!  Ralph if you dig any more holes you are going to be in big trouble!"  Next to the dog was a bubble with what he heard, "Blah, blah, blah Ralph.  Blah, blah, blah.  Ralph, blah, blah."  In the right panel there was the same thing with the header "What Cats Hear."  There the person said something like, "Bad cat Skippy!  Stop playing with the mice!  Skippy if you get another one and bring it into the house you are in big trouble."  What the cat heard was, "Blah, blah, blah.  Blah, blah, blah.  Blah, blah blah."  Anyway best of luck with teaching your dog English! 

perchcreek alas still no running for me and likely not for another month or even two. 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

I still want to shoot your editor, Twocat.  (Doesn't anyone else feel the same way?  Help me out here, folks.)

Mariposai

I still want to shoot your editor, Twocat.  (Doesn't anyone else feel the same way?  Help me out here, folks.)

start drafting the accusing case...I will translate jijij.

The world is so peaceful at dask...

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Econo, If you have trouble with Two Cat or his editor, just tell him you will invite The Judge to study the case.  

See ya in Gold Hill, Econo, Tammyin GP and Johnny!

Woods Lady

dg.

Erika...   Smile

Twocat... re 37F IRQ... I know!  I was grumbling on the way there, but I wore tights, it wasn't windy, & the sun was a-shining.     I learned it pays to grumble. 

As far as Tag my little buddy... if any dog could learn English, he could.  He looks you straight in the eye, with that    'ok, yep, I'm ready!  Let's do it! What are we doing?  & btw what do you take in your coffee?' kind of look.    I'm just saying.   

SteveP... such great pictures lately.    thanks.  and funny post the other day.  Was going to find  it but I keep drifting further downstream.  

TammyinGP

DG - If I'm going to go for a run from my home and don't want to take my dogs with, I've learned that I now have to spell RUN backwards - because they've caught on that when I say to DH "I'm  going for an R. U. N. " - they know what that means.

so now I have to say something like "N. U. R. I'm going for" - I almost feel Yoda-like

Tammy

dg.