Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 2.11.14 (Read 35 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Henry - good for you, getting out there on the ice again.  I seem to fall more than I glide on ice, myself...

Mariposai - no phone yet.  I think they are do to arrive tomorrow.

4.5 miles on the TM this morning before a busy work day.

(-6) this morning in this town.  When I crossed the river on my way to work I saw the fog/mist billowing off the water and blowing over the trees on the east side.  Every tree and shrub on that side was completely frosted.  It looked lovely in the early morning sun, but alas I did not have a camera with me.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I have been traveling more or less for the past two weeks.  One was a week's vacation with my DW the other was a conference.  But the conference was in Utah so nobody should feel sorry for me.  Plus, of the two days I managed to go skiing the second was among the best I can remember in years!

For once I see I went running when many others bailed due to the weather!  I believe this is prophesied to auger in the apocalypse.   Everybody reading this might want to prepare accordingly!  Oh yea, running.  I went out for 14 miles today in sub-20 temperatures.  The thought of trying to do 14 on a TM was too much to bear.

As an aside, I want to point out the my township in the Zombies Run! game is now bigger and far safer than Mariposai's town! 

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I ran another 5 miles on the treadmill, tonight.  I've started using my iPad to keep me occupied while running on the treadmill.  I had been finding inspirational videos and music on YouTube but, I've run so much on that dang thing, I've kind of heard them all now.  So, I thought I'd read through my "Marathon Memoirs" that have as one of my Facebook Albums and I accidentally "liked" the first page.  Well, I quickly "unliked" it, hoping nobody would notice that I "liked" my own picture.  Too late.  Now, people are "liking" it, too...it's embarrassing...

Oh well...hey!  Do you know where I'm going to be in 5 days?  Yep--Naples Florida!  Do you know what the forecast is for that day?  Yep--59 for a low and 77 for a high.

Okay--I gotta go.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I've been trying to get back to ice skating

I love ice skating and wish I could have lived in a place like Toronto, I think, where there's miles of river front skating all winter long. I wonder if in-line robing ice skates too.  Speaking of robin, gatta like a barefoot beacher who snowshoes in shorts. Do they have snowshoe races there.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Tetsujin, I think you might be thinking of the canal in Ottawa, not Toronto.

MikeE - I think it's great that you liked yourself!  More people should self-like.

4 miles in the rain with the dog, but it was about 51F.....so no complaints here!

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Hey all - thanks for the tips, advice about my long run Sunday ..... so hard to figure out if I'm running my long runs a little too fast or underestimating marathon pace but I appreciate all the input!!

Love the pics babies, puppies and snow --- but could you keep the snow elsewhere please ..... I am so NOT looking forward to another snowstorm this week!!

3.2 easy treadmill miles AFTER work for me -- not much happening in the before work time for me as 2 days in a row I either slept thru my alarm or forgot to turn it on!!  Luckily I still woke up on time (sort of)

Tomorrow night our coach has hill repeats lined up for us outdoor track people - oh the joy of it all!!  LOL I know I need to embrace the hills ...the hills are my friend!!

Bill - I hope your cousin gets promising news.  I recently had a pregnant patient with polycystic kidney disease and overall she was doing pretty well!!

Dave and Posai - feel better!!  So much crud going around ....the stomach bug has afflicted some of my family and I am selfishly keeping my distance and cleaning like a mad woman!!

Nite friends!!

denise

Mariposai

As an aside, I want to point out the my township in the Zombies Run! game is now bigger and far safer than Mariposai's town! 

Check it again, cowboy! Smile))

Still not running here, trying to be a good girl, but...

but...

an hour of yoga in my own living-room felt very good this afternoon.

hummmm....

Two days to feel better before a huge commitment on the 14th!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

evanflein

It is pretty amazing how those storms keep rolling through the eastern side of the country. Hang in there, folks! If its any consolation, it's gotten cold here too, so we're about back to normal.

Hope everyone who is under the weather is feeling better soon. Good to see you're behaving yourself, Mariposai!

Took a rest day yesterday after lots of days in a row, so it was time. When I get that feeling like I just don't care if I run or not, or worse, if I don't want to run at all, that's my clue to take a day off. Today I got home kind of late but still got in 6.2 miles, first 5 were progressive pace style.

SteveP

Love the picture TomS.

Maybe it's the lower temps, however, I've been enjoying these last few weeks of winter's activities.

SteveP

Henrun

I love ice skating and wish I could have lived in a place like Toronto, I think, where there's miles of river front skating all winter long. I wonder if in-line robing ice skates too.  

Tet, yes, the Rideau Canal in Ottawa is the ice skating mecca. I never skated there although I had always wanted to. I did, however, run a half marathon along its banks.