Masters Running

Saturday, 2.17.17 (Read 36 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

After four round-trip weekday 'mutes in a row, I missed Friday's

return to hang around downtown too long for a meeting that,

then, unfortunately, didn't happen but, since jay's seems

to be bein' nice enough to give 2/17 another chance,

give me yesterday's 5-miles again, if okay.

<<<[Saturday, 2.17.17 (Read 26 times)]>>>

Otherwise, great runs and races for everyone else,

especially if there'll be some upcoming photos

of the trail run goddesses. thanks.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Happy late Saturday.  Made it home by 11 last night.  Suitcase made it all the way, too.

A nice quick 5K around the lake in IRC of sun and 38F.  9m/m felt almost easy, so I was happy.

Nice racing, everyone.  I think I need to register for one and get into a real training program.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

spacityrunner

6.3 overcast, warm, humid and hilly miles at sunset.  Using that as a motivator once again I nailed it...wanted a 12 m/m, got er done in a 11:49 m/m.  Some of those hills man, some of those hills.

Tramps race report brought back fond memories of some of the great writings of past...

Trails Rock!

evanflein

Good job on the races, Tammy and Lori. And good to add on some more miles, too.

I agree cutting back on sugar can only be a positive thing, Holly. Whether it affects her behavior or not (which it probably will), most Americans eat way too much sugar so cutting back would be a good thing for everyone.

5.04 miles on the elliptical in 43 minutes. I had to stop and take a lot of rest breaks today, it felt like my HR was way too high. Not sure what was going on with that. I keep thinking about Twocat doing an hour on that thing and I just can't figure out how he does it. Now making chicken stock from chicken carcasses I've had on the deck for a few weeks. We've had some warm temps up here and they thawed, so need to use 'em up.

Mariposai

Impressive race report, Tramps.

A MUST read, folks.

Good running to all. I am at the winter shelter doing screening tonight. I am using my cell phone to post, so I cant post any shout outs.

Yesterday afternoon I ran 14 miles, my longest run since October. Today was 11 miles of X country skiing with friends in less than desirable conditions,  but still was fun.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard