Masters Running

Prayer miles for Tom & Donna (Read 419 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

I ran 5 hilly miles for you today. As I ran up the hills I thought of how you're facing an uphill battle, but you'll get to the downhill part soon, I hope!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

jfa

8 more miles of prayers for Tom and Donna.

munchkn883

Bumping this back up to the top.

Renee the dog

Got 10 in today thinking of you. Good luck tomorrow ! (I think it is tomorrow)

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

munchkn883

Posted on the wrong forum yesterday! 10 miles for Tom & Donna. Stay strong for each other.

Renee the dog

Me too Munch. 14 miles on Saturday with Donna on my mind.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

munchkn883

Four smiling miles for you today, Donna! So glad you are home!
                  I'll throw in my 22 miles today.... Best to both of you. Ray
                  munchkn883

Quick 3.5 miles for you this afternoon, Donna. Hope all is going well.
                    TomD

Hi to Everyone, I hope this reaches all of you.I so want to thank all of you for your prayers and positive thoughts for me. As things turned out, I really needed them. My surgery went well but rest of it , I was in critical condition for a good week. I finally got home last weekend. I am pretty weak and not hungry, but I will get better with time. I went into the hospital on the 19th to have lung surgery to have my left lung removed because of cancer. They found a spot on my spine and one on my aorta arterey which soon as I can regain my immune system, I will go through 6 weeks of chemo and radiation. The surgery went well and right on target and I would have been back to work last week except I acquired MRSA from the hospital and became critically ill from that and them because of the MRSA it gave me atrial fibulation of the heart.I knew nothing about MRSA before I had this experienc but it is devastating to the immune system. It has torn mine down to nothing . Even if I felt like it I can not go out and be exposed to other germs, plus I am cantagious to otherpeople, especially if they are compromised in any way. This has been a totally devastating thing physically and financially for Tom and I. ( Just an example the only antibiotic that MRSA is not immune to is Viox and a 10 day supply that they sent me home with , our co-pay for the prescription was $503.00.) MRSA is so powerful it is immune to almost all antibiotics. Thank god for insurance. Can you imagine what it would have cost me without insurance. I have a long hall back and my journey is going to be tough, but the alternative is 3 to 4 months and that is not what I want so I am going to need everyone of you continuingto send those prayers and positive thoughts. They have helped me get this far and I know with all of us together we'll beat this battle. I want to thank all of you from the bottom of my heart for being there for me. I know your there because I feel the warmth. Thanks again and I will write as I can. Love to all of you, Donna Detore P.S. If you receive this and you know someone who hasn't please forward it. I don't know how and I so want to reach each and everyone of you. If any of you know how to send it to everyone, I would really appreciate you doing it for me.
                      munchkn883

6 miles for you today. Weather was sunny and somewhat warm!