Masters Running

Tuesday's Daily, 9.11.12 (Read 418 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' all.

Sounds like it was a emotional, but very good memorial for Joe, Ribs. Thanks for sharing.

I woke at 4:15 this morning, but was still tired, and still had a sore back. So I fed the kitty and crawled back under the covers for some more rest for me and my back. The cat came back to bed too - with temps in the upper 40s, she wanted a little more body heat.

Today is primary day in NH. Our 4-term governor is leaving office, so it is a wide-open election. So far, it has been a refreshingly clean campaign, with candidates actually talking about their positions instead of slinging mud at one another. I sure hope it stays that way till November.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

..mornin' jay//..........sometimes using GoodSense is useful

=========

speaking of which-

..........28min poolrun

TheLeg was killing me (think hamstring-tear pain level)

then

it wasn't

.......Water is Amazing Stuff

........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

King of PhotoShop

Thanks everyone for yesterday. Now back to reality, running, and CNYrunner's birthday.

5.5 miles this morning by myself, as my RP teaches tennis on Tuesdays. Got in 4 x 1/2 mile @ 7:53 pace and felt just fine.  Racing a 20K on Saturday.

After converting to Islam, what name did Cat Stevens take?  Spareribs

Tramps

Hey, I had a Yusuf Islam song on the Ipod this morning!

Sounds like a wonderful memorial for a wonderful man, Ribs.  Nice.

Another awesome autumn day here.  7.1 miles including the first tempo miles I've done in ages; just 2, though.  I've got to gradually ease back into it. 

Enjoy the day!

Be safe. Be kind.

ran to work, brrr -- just about 40F

Looking forward to seeing some mid-marathon photos from Holly!

TammyinGP

It was quite cold down here this a.m. too, Econo. the evenings are becoming sweatshirt weather. And it's still dark when I get up at 0610 and dark by 8:15 pm. I'm liking the cool evenings but not liking the loss of daylight hours.

Will run with the meetup group tonight after work. 10K distance.

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy birthday to CNYrunner!

Looking forward to hearing about Holly's adventures in Alaska and seeing the pictures!   I have run with both Erika and Holly, but for some reason didn't take pictures either time...  duh.

The sunrise is getting later each morning - soon it'll be too dark for trail runs before work, so I hope it's cool enough to run at lunchtime by then.  6.3 miles yesterday and 5.55 miles today before work.  Interesting that Ribs' question was about Cat Stevens today - this song has been stuck in my head on the last couple of sunrise runs:

Mine is the sunlight, mine is the morning
                Born of the one light, Eden saw play
                Praise with elation, praise every morning
                God's recreation of the new day

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

I'm so old I have Cat Stevens on vinyl - 3 of them! Tea for the Tillerman and Longer Boats are two of my favorites. "Mary dropped her pants by the sand, and let the parson come and take her hand" Blush

Jay - are you getting a lot of those nasty robocalls from all of the candidates? They've even started calling on my cell phone. I'll be glad when the November elections are over.

Hope that hamstring (or whatever is causing so much pain) clears up soon, Tom.

Happy birthday Karin! We miss you.

Only had time for 3 miles this morning. I took the day off to watch Will and Ben for a couple of hours, then volunteer at our golf course. They hosted a Division 2 collegiate golf meet. Wow - can those kids hit the ball. Even with sustained winds of 15-20 mph (and gusts close to 30) they were really hitting their drives a long way. It was great to see some of them playing so well.

Ribs, it sounds like Joe wasn't the only wonderful person in that family.  I am sure you did him proud.

I had a most awesome run today, which always happens after a crappy run right?  Plus I had a day of rest yesterday, after 6 days running, which I obviously needed.  I only did 4 miles, but they were the fastest 4 miles I've run in a year.  Kind of like a 2 x 2miles @ HMP?  Hard to know what the effort was since I haven't really done speedwork in a year.  It was awesome.....   I love being able to crank it up a notch.  51F sure felt nice too.

The darkening days, I feel like I might have to switch to nighttime running in a few weeks, but then it will be dark by then too!!!  I don't want to twist my ankle on a pine cone.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Marathon Maniac #957

Happy birthday Karin! We miss you.

+1

5 frisky miles for me this morning in a lovely 55 degrees (ave pace 9:26). 

A stunningly beautiful day here in Ohio, brilliant sunshine, low-humidity, blue, blue skies.....Smile

DD has another soccer game tonight, and it will be a perfect evening to sit outside and watch.  I love days like this.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Enke - I had a great run, too, after such a crappy one on Saturday.

It was crisp and beautifully clear this a.m. with thousands of stars twinkling down and a sliver of a moon resting on its back, and I had one my best 6-mile runs in a long time.  Came in under 1 hour for the first time in forever with an average pace of 9:38.  Guess the two days off agreed with me. Smile  Hopefully, the good running continues through to the weekend.

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Hi all!

I've not been around here much for some time now, am lurking regularly, but haven't been quite sure how to jump back in as it's do hard to keep up with all the goings on. 

I see congrats are in order to Posie for a lovely PR.

Ribs, that was a very touching send off for Joe.

Looking forward to pics of Holly's adventures with Erika.

My running has been going pretty well this summer.  So well in fact that I bagged my first ever 50K this last weekend.  There's a fairly long race report posted over on Kickrunners.  Results aren't out, but it was very slow, mostly because of nasty weather and mud... had anticipated close to 7 hours.... and it took almost 8.  Am feeling pretty good in the wake of it all, but am still unsure if I'm ever going to do another. Wink  Or at least that's what I tell DH.

.....Nancy The road to hell is paved....... run trails!

I bagged my first ever 50K this last weekend.   Am feeling pretty good in the wake of it all, but am still unsure if I'm ever going to do another. Wink  Or at least that's what I tell DH.

Yeah, keep telling that to yourself and your DH.  (yet another one turns to the Dark Side. he he he he  )

Leslie
                            Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mike, nice race, beating your goal and being 3rd in AG.  CNY, happy birthday.  enke, congrats on awesome run - fastest 4 miles in a year.  tomw, I hope you heal up soon.  fatozzig, great job on best 6 miles in a long time.  heme, it's good to hear from you and way to go on the 50K.

Nice long runs for bike, and starr.

This morning, it  was about 50° and there was a little wind.  I got in 7 miles at a 10:47 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

I am another that has not checked in for some time.  I do read the daily, well daily!  But time to post has been short.  Heck I even read Spareribs' blog rant about the changes in that race!  I will say though not being a member of the local Dallas running community I have no real idea what it is all about!  As to my running, there has not been much to report.  I took Sunday and Monday off per plan.  Then I took today off since I was just exhausted while trying to teach yesterday.  So I figured my body need some rest.  Oh yes, I want to add that after reading over and over again about the spectacular scenery rhoon phast sees daily (plus the really cool flying all over thing) I am adding him to my list of people that I hate.  Angry  No really.  See how serious I am.  AngryAngry <===Two little mad faces! That is how serious.  Then again winter will hit and then . . . heh, heh, heh.  Then I can pull him from my list!  Big grin

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/