Masters Running

Wednesday, 10 February, 2016. Get you ash in gear! (Read 35 times)

Hi - tip toeing in ... as some of you know, I recently lost my husband to cancer. As you can imagine, running took a back seat over the past few months, but once a runner always a runner. So Thank You to all for the support and especially Steve P for having Tag sing a rousing round of Happy Birthday to John today.

It will be nice to catch up on folks over the next few days. I plan to strap on my running shoes next week and get back at it.

Kirsten

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.

Groucho Marx

((LaT)) would love to meet up with you soon!! xo

denise

wildchild

Carolyn

LaT, sending hugs, and happy birthday to John!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

{{LaT}} and Happy Birthday to John. (ETA: pretty cool there, Wildchild!)

Yes, more businesses could use employees like SteveP, for sure. And communities could all benefit from more Jays. We need to figure a way to clone these guys....

Glad deez and Holly are feeling some relief. It takes awhile, so take it easy!

Jlynne, I can't imagine that happening, but it is really funny! I'm sure you didn't think so at the time, but looking back, yeah... hilarious! But I bet you'd like to get your shoe back!

So it's been awhile but I took a day off today. Weather, work and thinking I need to take a break for my ankle all conspired to have me take the day off of running. Ankle feels better though, so I'll be back outside tomorrow.

Mariposai

I have met La Tortuga's John. We was a gifted artist, a funny fellow and someone you felt comfortable with from the minute you met him. Hugs my dear friend. And remember, come visit the PNW and our little hut anytime.

I am away in business to Olympia, my state capital, all week. My agenda is packed from 7:30 to 5:30 from today until Friday. I do hope to run a few miles each day for sanity sake. Today was 4 miles early morning. I hope to do 8 tomorrow, we will see.

Time to put my wings to rest.

Cheers to all

Nancy

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Marathon Maniac #957

{{LaT}} and Happy Birthday to John. (ETA: pretty cool there, Wildchild!)

+1

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

SteveP

mrrun, I'm simply doing the 15K. At this point, the goal is to start, have fun and finish.....Then eat too much...for a week.

The world is lucky to have a person like Jay.

That stinks about your shoe, Jlynne.

pps steve - you are a gem.
                Maybe a follow-up call in a week or month
                on how the materials are working out
                might minimize belated returns.

If our customers have a salesperson who communicates with the them, as opposed to an order taker who waits for a phone call, then there are few problems in that regard. If there were time available, that's a line I should not cross. The belated returns have been orders that customers have made and refused to take delivery of. Then left to sit.

I'd love to be able to visit your drive way TomS. Our snowblower and I have a wonderful relationship.

Starr, I'm sorry about your DD's situation. As much as I don't want our son to move out until he's done with school, I'm also kind of ready for it. He had been working full time as IT in a locally owned chain of four hardware stores. His days off are rarely consecutive. He has just been hired by the local hospital and is working part time at both places. He told the hardware to what he needs to stay. I hope he transitions full time to the hospital soon.

I've had my first review in 9 years. I heard a lot of "Keep doing what you"re doing". As well as , "It's too much for one person", but I've been doing it. I said that I'd like to spend as much time with DW as I do at work and I like a clearer sense of direction. That it's a perfect job for a control freak with hyperactive ADD whose hooked on roller-coaster rides and train wrecks. Now, I've been charged with training the entire staff on my way of thinking.  Seriously...they don't want that.

Our interdepartmental phone system is like Skype. When I'm in my office and the phone rings, I've been taking off my glasses and putting on a Batman mask before picking  up the receiver. "Steve's not here.....May I take......a message?".  Once, I picked up the phone and did my best excited Asian school girl impression.  "Steve a Plakrowsli a no here right now, He busy. He have no time for you. You leef message. Maybe he call back. You no call here no more". There was laughter in the background and the person on the other end said, "You're on speaker, dumbass". Now the store manager has to review phone etiquette with the staff. And I'm supposed to train every one else. No thank you.

SteveP