Masters Running

Tues 7- 8 Daily (Read 681 times)

wildchild

Carolyn

Surprised How unbelievably shallow! What would she do if her mate went bald? Call a lawyer????
    When we were dating, DH told me if I ever got fat, he'd leave me. This was while watching a very fat woman squeeze through a concrete tube designed to simulate the smallest section of a cave, in preparation for a cave tour at a state park. The woman made it through without getting stuck, but it wasn't a pretty sight. I told DH that if I ever get fat, I'd leave myself! Luckily DH and I are both naturally thin people, and we like healthy food. Oh, and he did say that being pregnant didn't count. Big grin DickyG, That picture was funny! How do they assign bib numbers at Peachtree - by projected finishing time? Do you have to pre-qualify? And how would someone enter in the middle of the race - get a ride partway? Tim, I'm not sure how you run with no rest days, even with EZ runs mixed in. And Bruce, I noticed from your log that you don't take rest days either??? Tall, good call on skipping the intervals when its really hot out. Have fun with the girls - you're a great dad! Mariposai, sounds like you're a great mom - you certainly raised a fine son! Deez4boys, happy 14th to your son. They do grow up fast. Nono, I can't believe you think 84 degrees and sunny is comfy. I'd be melting. I'm planning on a short run after work tonight, as its too hot for a lunchtime run.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

evanflein

It's dark, dreary and rainy here today. Such a marked difference from yesterday! We had a terrific thunderstorm last night, totally freaked out the poor dog who spent the night panting and drooling in our bedroom (lovely). She did settle down eventually, and it rained all night long. So glad I watered the garden after I got home yesterday. Roll eyes I brought my running stuff but will probably just run on the treadmill after work. I wouldn't mind a cool damp run outside, but I don't want to have to sit at my desk all afternoon after getting caught in a deluge at lunchtime! Mariposai, your post gives me hope that my boys might turn out ok... so I won't wring their necks just yet.
      Mariposai

Mariposai, your post gives me hope that my boys might turn out ok... so I won't wring their necks just yet.
        Yeap, just be patient...I was in your shoes about 7 years ago Tongue....so there is hope! How is the cold feeling today Erika? I sure hope SR's questions are being answered by the doctor (he most likely is at his appointment right now)

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

I'm feeling completely unmotivated to get anything done today, and on top of that, the cat just puked on my running shoes. Sad

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

the cat just puked on my running shoes. Sad
            What -- there wasn't a couch nearby?

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Erika--our dog is also psychotic about thunderstorms and fireworks. our vet told us to give him a Benadryl to mellow him out a little. It seems to work, although he still follows you around and tries to hide in corners. the other solution is to tire him out so much that he doesn't care. for this 4th, Max spend several hours swimming and fetching in the lake and basically passed out just before dark and never moved during the 1-1/2 hour barrage of highly illegal, but popular fireworks Smile Our cats are much more subtle when it comes to hairballs. It's usually right where you step out of bed while it's too dark to see Surprised I spent the whole weekend without a computer, and although I missed everyone, didn't seem to go through withdrawal. Wink But I did get in a couple of good runs while up in Maine. 4.2 on Friday and 5.2 on Sunday. both over the nice rolling road into our camp. On Friday's run I met a guy who made his turn just as I passed and we spent a very pleasant mile or so chatting. Only about the 3rd or 4th time I've had a running partner in my 2 years and all have been random. Kevin

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

Hope this works.... Guess not. There was a funny "Rhymes with Orange" comic on 7/4: http://www.chron.com/apps/comics/showComick.mpl?date=20080704&name=Rhymes_with_Orange It had reference to dogs, cats and loud noises. (Not a storm, but it applies.) Well, sometimes the image does work. Oh well.......

Renee the dog

Nono, I can't believe you think 84 degrees and sunny is comfy. I'd be melting.
                  Well, it was only 3 mi, and the stiff breeze coming off the ocean was really refreshing. I'm not sure what the ocean temp is presently, but 60 F is probably about right. So, it didn't feel like 84 at all! I was even in a dark gray cotton tank (!) and it was OK. I'm telling you that 89 "real feel" was total carp. The real feel to me was about 72! I normally wouldn't choose a mid-day running time, but Mr Nono was leaving at 1:30 pm to go away, so if I didn't go then, this day would have been a scratch day. I didn't want that. With the move settling down, I really miss my regular running schedule so I'm trying to get back to it. Whenever I can!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

3.5 easy miles today in H&H conditions like everyone else. I really don't mind it all that much but it takes me an hour after my shower to stop sweating. Then I need another one. Undecided biketm, What you need to do is play like your a rock star not a runner. All women seem to go for that skinny bad boy look they play up. Wink I have been bald since Iwas 18 and never had any issues and I am married to a real Hottie who likes to tell women that have hair issues that "no grass grows on the playground" Erika, Hope you are feeling better. its a drag being sick in the summer. DickyG, Thats a great pic. You meet all kinds of people at races. I did seen a pregnant woman in a 10 mile race at about the 6 mile mark . Her belly was just about as big and I remember thinking of why it took me 6 miles to catch her. Blush Holly, Glad to hear you are getting in some training but have you considered taking a little time off (even a week) to let things settle down? Its hard but sometimes necessary. I am no Dr. so its more out of a concern for someone I admire than a professional opinion. Good runs and be safe Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

I met up with Joel and we discussed the high temps and high humidity it was 87 degrees and quite humid so we weren't sure what we would be able to squeeze in for a speed workout. However once we made it to the cemetery where we do our half mile repeats we found it to be shady with a pretty good breeze and were able to do all 8 of our planned repeats progressively, I never thought I would have a sub 2:50 in me today...but hey sometimes we surprise ourselves don't we! 2.5 mile warm up - 23:20 (9:19) 8 x .5 mile repeats w/1 minute recovery: time - avg hr/max hr - 3:10 - 130/143 3:09 - 141/147 3:07 - 145/115 3:03 - 147/153 2:58 - 144/156 2:56 - 152/160 2:53 - 147/159 2:48 - 149/162 .69 mile cool down - 6:53 (9:59)
                      dg.

I met up with Joel and we discussed the high temps and high humidity it was 87 degrees and quite humid so we weren't sure what we would be able to squeeze in for a speed workout. However once we made it to the cemetery where we do our half mile repeats we found it to be shady with a pretty good breeze and were able to do all 8 of our planned repeats progressively, I never thought I would have a sub 2:50 in me today...but hey sometimes we surprise ourselves don't we! 2.5 mile warm up - 23:20 (9:19) 8 x .5 mile repeats w/1 minute recovery: time - avg hr/max hr - 3:10 - 130/143 3:09 - 141/147 3:07 - 145/115 3:03 - 147/153 2:58 - 144/156 2:56 - 152/160 2:53 - 147/159 2:48 - 149/162 .69 mile cool down - 6:53 (9:59)
                        wow.
                          Bob - the most impressive part of that workout is the small amount of rest between. Excellent!!

ksrunr All American 10K Feb. '10 Cowtown Half marathon Feb. '10 Boston '10

No run for me today. Doing more work gutting the kitchen and now catching up on today's Tour de France action. Tim I read a really interesting book about a man who trains for a year like an elite cross country ski racer. He was eating tortilla chips when his coached asked him if he knew how hard it was to ski with those. Sounds like dip hmmmm. Coach Spareribs is going to have to up his efforts with you! Tongue

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hallar - Craneium you guys crack me up. Hum....act like a bad ass rock star...I kinda like that. I lost a lot of my hair when I was in my 20's and really never cared what so ever. Heck, I feel like hair is a waste of time messing with, lol. Craneium...don't try and make my life miserable by suggesting more from Ribs Smile...he will let me have it when he see's fit. Actually, my snack was something that was in a meeting room, and I couldn't resist. But I wondered how long the dip had been out. After losing over 100 pounds, I only eat healthy food for the most part... Tim Oh yeah, 4 easy recovery miles for me tonight, then mid week long run tomorrow with speed work....can't wait!!! These recovery runs is why is is ok to run 7 days a week, for those who are wondering.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

The problem I have with running 7 days a week... besides I get tired... is finding the time to do it! I can fit in a lot of runs knowing that I'll catch up on things that one day off... Sometimes I don't really get anything done (heck, one look at my house confirms that!!), but it helps my stress level to think I will. Larry, you're so cute. Your wife's a lucky woman. I didn't run at lunchtime but should have... it was a little windy but didn't rain. But I came home and hopped on the treadmill... that's one way for sure I keep an easy pace. Well, at least for the first 5 miles. 5 @ 8:49, 1 @ 8:20