Masters Running

Thursday's Daily, 3.27.14 (Read 45 times)

Mike E

MM #5615

Hey!  Welcome back Twocat!

Hey!  Guess what it's doing here...yep--it's SNOWING!!!!!

Hey!  I gotta go!

mrrun

I'm another who enjoyed NYC marathon and I ran it last year with 47,000 of your nearest and dearest (higher than usual because of Sandy the previous year).  I had put my name in the lottery and this was the 4th year, so it was an automatic entry  I was in the last wave, but it was smooth and minimal waiting.  Because it was after Boston, there was very heavy security.  Also, by the time I finished, there were very few people in Central Park.  I wouldn't run it again, but I had a blast doing it.

keep the snow out west - there's rumors of 50's, but i'll believe it if it happens.

marj

evanflein

Erika – At least the spectators weren’t throwing rocks…..

Well yes, I guess there is that to be thankful for. At least, no rocks that I noticed!

Welcome back, Twocat. Sounds like you had a nice visit to Ireland. When we were there it was a mixed bag weather-wise. I think we saw everything but snow.

6.2 miles at lunch today, in 35° and sunshine. I've been putting sunscreen on every day in the morning but figure I don't really need it for my after work runs. But today the sun was higher (left about 1:30), and I had a fresh crop of freckles across my nose and cheeks when I got back. Might need to use two coats of that spf 30 lotion next time...

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Howdy all.  Great running today everyone.

Out for 9.1 miles today after work around 6PM.  Today temps were a little warmer than yesterday and definitely less wind.  So run seemed a lot easier compared to yesterday despite the fact that I ate my lunch afterwards.   But then it was 37F yesterday with wind chill of 18F...

Have a great night.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

I stayed inside, today, and did 7 miles on the treadmill in 57:36...fun.

Okay--that's it from me tonight.  See ya!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

<cringing at the use of "irregardless" in today's thread...>

Me too, especially when it annoys the rest of us so much who otherwise assiduously adhere to good grammar and respect the honored history and treasured traditions and terminologies of running.

ps MikeE - you may be running by yourself one of these days, . . . oh, you already are.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

Tet.... 

Hey, we're over 13 hours of daylight now! It's 8:03 pm and still bright sunshine on the hills! Yay!

Bushrat Runner

I am drinking from a fire hose at flight school...

But I did manage a 3.5 mile tour of the main town in Santa Paula this afternoon between brain crunches.

I promise I'm going to slow down long enough to read one of these daily threads in detail...right now I just skim, see friends, and think I should stop and read them...but then I go back to reading about instrument flight procedures. Which is what I'm going to do again right now...night everyone.

Marathon Maniac #957

I promise I'm going to slow down long enough to read one of these daily threads in detail...right now I just skim, see friends, and think I should stop and read them...but then I go back to reading about instrument flight procedures.

No worries!  We are happy to see you pop in, if only for a moment to say hi.  We all go through periods when all we have time to do is skim.  Fly-bys are allowed....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Especially for you...................

.  Fly-bys are allowed....

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.