Masters Running

Mondaily, 4.22.19 (Read 40 times)

Falconfixer

Hey y'all, quick post.  5 easy miles before work.  Taught spin after work.  Had the class experiment with the "stage" button by having them work fairly hard for 4 to 5 minute intervals (a muscular development profile).  I'm pretty sure that most people in there were "under working."  The power numbers I saw them record (those that chose to share them with me) were (for the most part) better than they thought they could do (which of course was the point).  My numbers were better than I thought.  I don't trust the computer power number a ton, it had me very close to twice my body weight in watts.  I know I was working hard but not sure it was that hard.

Have a greta night everyone!

an amazing likeness

5.4mi anti-clockwise easy miles in spring rains at the end of a longish day filled with packing up the patient for early appointment at new PT, then driving 3.5hr round trip for a 30min work meeting later in the day.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Thanks for the recaps jay.                                              
        Extra zzz’s at the beginning of your week of more meetings, hosting, recapping, etc. than many of us do for a whole year, if ever, sounds like a good idea every once in a while. Me too as yesterday’s first power hike of the year resulted in a wire-to-wire nine-and-a-half hours in zzz-land from 9:30pm - 6:30am..

Falcon - hmmm, I haven't to the Fitness Center for a while but there's no way our spinning instructor can tell if we're working to the max 'cause, I as know so well by being the oldest spinner, my max is about half of everyone elses.

KSA - if it's like Washington (state), when you get old enough, we have gratis memberships in both nearby Fitness Centers.  I'd probably go more it I was paying for it too..

Five Earth-Day miles - as I’ve been doing one-way-or-the-other since the first one during college days in 1970, honored today’s 50th edition of Earth Day by plogging most of the five mile morning ‘mute instead of instead of just picking up trash and debris on the one-and-a-half miles of the floating bridge pedestrian/bike path where’s there’s no one to come out the front door and take responsibility, . . . as if they ever do in front of their houses anyway.

ps Leslie - what’s ifify

pps Mike - I don't think anyone else is lower than you.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

evanflein

ps Leslie - what’s ifify

"I Fixed It For You" is what that means.

Surly Bill, those are some cute goslings!

Mike, when I went in for that lovely procedure you do after age 50, the nursing staff all commented on my legs. "You must be a runner!" they said. Then hooked up the HR monitor thingy to my finger. "Yep, she's a runner!" But then they couldn't figure out why my BP was so high. It'll go down as I relax, I assured them. And sure enough, it did. It just spikes in any stressful or "medical" setting situation.

Got out for 5.6 miles this afternoon. The temp looked nice at low 50's but I soon found that we still have the winds we've been dealing with lately. Makes my eyes water and my nose run.

Mariposai

Well, I must post my 5.5 Kermel grade run before I go, or it did not happen.

Well, seriously, it was the best run I had in weeks, talking about knee here. I am holding my breath here.

Yesterday we hiked a high peak in a near by town. Knee was not happy. I was mighty happy today with my 5 miler since knee did not bark.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

...w0w mike//......impressive HR, I had a 60 yesterday and thought I had done pretty good........

check out

our Holy Week Anthem 4-19 ''Mercy''

https://www.firstprescookeville.org/audio

there were

only 10 of us,

but we have a Big Sound

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....