Masters Running

Wednesday Nov. 18 Master Runs and Workouts (Read 413 times)

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

Carolyn!  That costume is gorgeous!  Wish I could attend the show.

Hey, Aamos!  Did you steal my weather? (Please send some of your snow this winter, in return)

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Worry no more

Oh, worry no more

There's an open door for you

Interval day for me today.

1.5 mile warm up and then : 6x400m @ 5k pace 

7:05, 7:00, 6:50, 6:50, 6:45, 7:00 with 400m rest in between @ 10:00 pace

and then .75 mile cool down

for  a total of 5 miles and an average overall pace of 8:40.

Pretty happy with this as it is my first real speed work in a long time. I had a hard time holding a steady stride and was always trying to slow down my pace, I was shooting for 7:00 pace.

gotta get to work I'll have to catch up later

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

evanflein

Nice 400's there, Larry. I think you held pace pretty well... look at #5!

Carolyn, your daughter's costume is very nice. What a cool production to be doing now. I can't believe you've got 60's...

My dog did that once awhile ago. DS1 let her out at night to go do her business, then didn't shut the door all the way. She comes and jumps on the door, it opens so she goes back to bed in DS1's room. Problem is, she didn't shut the door and it was -30 outside!! I lost all my houseplants and was very lucky not to have the whole place freeze up. Frozen pipes are no fun.

Just elliptical and weights at lunchtime. Wanted to do more but ran out of time.

Mariposai

Just a quick stop here I am using the computer at the hotel and I should not abuse it. I had a long day intellectually estimulating day today. No running and a lot of sitting around. Oh well. I will get back to running once I get back home.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mariposai, I loved following the missing Mariposi/two cat/tet posts of yesterday and today.  Have a great time, and a great race.

I got out inbetween storms in the sun, and ran about 4 miles in the woods.  Lots of hills, mud, and a couple of creeps in a pickup who said they were cutting wood, but I noticed there was not a chain saw in the truck.  Actually, I think they were picking mushrooms, and probably didn't have a license.   After they went their way, and I mine, I picked up my pace.

happy wednesday night friends!! 

holly - have you heard of physique 57 workouts?  i did the express 30 minute version last night borrowed from a friend - it was sooooo tough my muscles were shaking!!   bet with all the leg work you do it would be a breeze for you but was a good reminder to me how important cross-training is for our bodies!!

also did a little yoga yesterday at a nursing conference -- it was on the art of healing in nursing and was great!!

today 10.5 miles with some hills in the middle.......picked up the pace for the last 1.5 miles to try and get my brain to convince my legs they really can pick up speed when they're tired!

have a wonderful rest of the week!!

denise

lamerunner

Greetings:

I am back from a conference in Washington DC; just elliptical today, 65 minutes.

I had a couple of decent runs down there. Monday I ran all the monuments, then over Memorial Bridge, up the bike path on the Virginia side, back across the `14th street bridge and back. Hotel was pretty near Capitol hill. I Intended to run for an hour but it was more like 85 minutes...took a while to get back from the river.

Tuesday I got the bright idea to go run on the  C & O canal towpath, which required a cab. I got there ( had the cab let me out at the waterfront at the end of  K street; apparently he had not heard of the canal) had a decent 7-8 mile run, but then had a very tough time getting a cab back.  I ended up walking and running along K Street for quite a while before I finally got a cab.  Got to the conference a bit late that  day.!  

Looks like some good running around here. 

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Busy last couple of days at work, still managed 8 miles yesterday  and 7.25 today all in good company with my 2 running friends.

Rough weather in the Seattle area, windy and lots of rain at times ,but looking bright for tomorrow..!!! I'm having lunch with Tet and Divechief!!!

A nice evening everybody!!

Francesca

Marathon Maniac #3309

Thanks dg.....I am still in one piece thank goodness. But I really understand why people would thing other wise (grins) - 6 miles tonight....mostly in the dark. because I love night time running. 1 mile WU - 4 miles at my MP of 7:45 ish pace - then one mile CD.......last real run before my Marathon this Sat. The weather looks perfect now with the lows in the 40's, and the high of around 52 and sunny with not much wind.....greta weather I say-------you all Rock Ya know (what happened to Tina, as we really liked her) - TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Tim, your conditions sound perfect. I think you'll have a great race. Just don't do something stupid, ok? (I know you'll take that in the spirit it was intended, right?)

3.4 miles easy on the treadmill tonight, nice and easy, but up to 3% incline. Felt really good to run tonight.

SteveP

It's very good to see you Sue

I's love to see the kids' play Wildchild. Nice costume and what we see of the stage looks kewl.

SteveP