Masters Running

Super Bowl Sunday! (Read 36 times)

evanflein

Sorry, Enke, that sucks. Like C-R said though, hang in there! And I know what you mean about getting to your stop point, and then feeling better. You're right that it's because your mind knows you can stop now. I sometimes make deals with myself to keep going... then I need to keep them!

DH found out that the best time to go to the hardware store is during the Super Bowl! He dropped me off for my run (it actually ended up being really nice out!), then ran to the store for a few things. I ran 12.1 miles (seems to be a theme here?) and showed up at his office right at the end of half time. We went home and had the game on for the rest of it.

Between Martin Luther King Jr. Day on the 20th, and our "rain day" on Friday the 24th, I had two three-day weekends in a row. This two-day weekend seems kinda short....

Marathon Maniac #957

This 12th woman ran 12 miles before the game today with 6 at MP fighting a strong nasty wind,

Nice run!

Enke - I am curious now....awful in what way?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I watched the Super Bowl, not for any reason other than I always watch it and I was in a Football Pool - that I ended up winning!  Woohoo!  The Office gets donuts and bagels this morning.

I thought the commercials were dismal for the most part.  Some of the serious ones were good but all the funny ones were not.  We watched Puppy Bowl X on the Animal Planet channel before the game and that was more fun than watching the game!  I liked the Great Pyrenees puppy.  Had never heard of that breed but he/she was beautiful.  She scored a field goal too!  Later, when I was channel surfing I saw an "alternate to the Super Bowl" that had a fish bowl broadcast.  Just a fish bowl.  Takes all kinds!

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong