Masters Running

Mondaily 11/29 (Read 36 times)

I said "Sam" instead of Samson and The Hub gave me the eye.  I do like Bart and we had a Tigger when I was a kid.  Good suggestions!

I've always been partial to Azog The Defiler as a cat name. For the right cat. Did you know that 20% or more housecats are psychotic? There's a test now!

The kids named the current cat, a foundling Siamese kitten who's now 5. Waffles Anubis The Nipple Fairy Scratchularus. I just call it Waffles.

Hand is fine, not much pain, just really swollen. Now I can make demands such as "put a beer in the freezer for 15 minutes and then bring it to me, for medical purposes".

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

I once had terrible trouble settling on a kitty name, so he was…Muscles Motor Growls McKinley. But I don’t care about their names, Leslie — your kitties are gorgeous!

Glad I popped in, although briefly and with no workout to report…loved seeing yesterday’s photo of Dunkin at the beach.

We’ve had Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson, Bobby Knight, Hawi (after the Kona Ironman turnaround on the bike course), Dart Vader (Dart), Tabasco, Jelly Bean, Nike and a host of other cats.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Glad I popped in, although briefly and with no workout to report…

Econo - actually, the rules about posting have kind of changed . . .

With one of my anti-yogi calls for hiking in bear country in erika-land being "Heeey-oooH," when we got a big malemute, I named him "hei-oh" (Peace God) so I wouldn't feel like an idiot yelling out to myself.

No Heioh anymore but till use it down here for cougars and letting other hikers hear me in the days I was faster than general hiking.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Steve - nice pics, but it sure looks cold....

The serenity is incredible.

Hey Steve - thanks for the "precise" instructions on the reindeer food!  I'm going to get the ingredients and have my grandsons help this weekend.

Memories in the making!!! I have a tendency to offer unsolicited advice because that's what old people do. The hard part was tracking down B2. We got ours at GNC. The B2 mixture tends to be yellow so I add food color and have told people it's pieces of the Northern Lights.

There's a company who has taken glowing candy to a new level.

Hopefully kids have fun with it.

Surly - I'm with you on the health care.

Tet - The zebra mussels have become prominent over the last 20 years and I'd have concerns for barefoot athletes. I'm sure they've been introduced to your state as well. The beaches and landscape are still inspiring.

Hi Dee Ho -

Steve - How's Dunkin doing?  What'd the vet say?

He's well. We have to monitor him for over doing it. You can imagine - he has a lifetime of meds, It's worth it. DW and I have debated extensively about veterinarians. The one I prefer takes longer to get appointments and is more expensive...initially.... The one she prefers has better office hours for us. However, it's a constant sales pitch. The last time I was in with the mutt, I had to keep pulling the conversation back to Dunkin and I out and out said we were here about our dog, quit trying to sell me stuff for a minute and they went right back to the $$$$.  It did not get ugly, but it got close. I'd have walked if it were not for his pain issues.

Current Name: Darth Vader.  Possible New Name: ??  And yes, he's as scared as he looks.

May be an image of cat and indoor

"Taz"

BTY - You're perfecting the formula!

Moebo - +1 on the slow typist in the AM. There's a few members of our ragtag band of misfit athletes were I have to read their posts of few times before it sinks id.

Enke - People with stronger training plans than I have suggested 10% increases to avoid injuries. As endearing as the terms "Flying Enke" and "Full Enke" are, the results seem painful. I'd rather not hear of and "Injured Enke" thank you very much.

Roch -  having the time to knock out a 140 ride seems like a dream.

Erika - rent a car in DH's name, if his license has not expired. I put a reminder in my calendar because TSA let me through, but the car rental place did not. Oops.

Only 20% of house cats are nuts?

I got 2 miles in 4 inches of fresh snow. The treadmill is going to see more action.

We're moving back into the office after the remodel. Three days had turned into weeks and I said, "Stop Now". A number of our ethernet ports are not working. Imagine that. One of them fried our label printer and my phone started smoking while I was using it. One of the Cat5 cables has a staple through it with a note that says "Sorry" taped to it.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

The kids named the current cat, a foundling Siamese kitten who's now 5. Waffles Anubis The Nipple Fairy Scratchularus.

Wow - that is quite the name to live up to!

I once had terrible trouble settling on a kitty name, so he was…Muscles Motor Growls McKinley.

That one, too!

Is the injured hand the dominant hand?

"Taz" - I like it!  Poor Dunkin - he's only 6, right?  Sorry for the arthritis issues, buddy.  I'm right there with you.  Let's you and I meet this middle-aged thing together, a'creakin' and a groanin', but with a smile, okay?  If you ever get to my part of town, I am good for a couple of belly rubs for a good dog like you!

Steve - I would go to the vet that you like but keep the number of the other one, in case you have a situation where they can see you sooner when you cannot wit.  Plus, you can still keep asking around for other options.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

As endearing as the terms "Flying Enke" and "Full Enke" are, the results seem painful. 

Those are better than, "I Candaced myself on my run today.".....

Speaking of that, on my Google news feed a week or two ago, there was an article about a woman who pooped her pants while running a marathon.  Really?  I guess this is news to non-runners.  Now I see a follow up similar article showing up about someone else.  Neither of them was named Candace, but we know better.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Econo - actually, the rules about posting have kind of changed . . .

Yup, running is cool, but not actually a requirement to post here.