Masters Running

Wet and Wonderful Wednesday, March 10 runs and such (Read 495 times)

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hi everyone - I have been super busy today, so I am behind....but will get caught up here tomorrow -----Boy, what another beautiful day here in Indiana for my run tonight.....68 degrees - sunny - but a little breezy and quite humid actually, but it felt great to sweat a lot ------This was my mid-week LR night with a track work in the middle, and my legs were pretty tired (trashed really) from running lots of miles lately. My 12 miles Monday kinda done my legs in, so I rested and rode my road bike 40 miles last night to rest my running legs.......mission only sorta accomplished -----Anyway, tonight - 12 miles - 1:44:31 - 8:42 ave pace overall. Then 6 -1/2 miles repeats at the track, as the snow was finally melted-------------- (3:20 - 6:40 pace) (3:26 - 6:52 pace) (3:25 - 6:50 pace) (3:27 - 6:54 pace) (3:29 - 6:58 pace) (3:28 - 6:56 pace) ------------Just as last week I ran my repeats strong with good form, but not all out. And tonights repeats were faster with the same perceived effort from last Weds night, and I took way shorter recoveries between repeats after what Ribs mentioned last week.........kewl, I Love that kinda progress ------I am beat, but in a very good (happy) - I am going to sleep well kind of way (smiles) - TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!