Masters Running

Wednesday 11/30/16 End of November Runs (Read 28 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Hello!

Another lovely warm morning again, 56 and breezy at 6:00am, although the cold will be back tonight.  Unfortunately, about two blocks into my run, I stepped on a branch on the sidewalk in the dark, rolled my ankle, and went down hard.  After rocking back and forth on the ground groaning for a minute, I tentatively stood and walked a bit, then continued with my run.  Nothing debilitating, but the top of my foot is bruised at the ankle, and it will likely be sore for a few days.  Still, it held up for my run, although it is pretty sore now.  I will ice tonight.  On the plus side, my pinky toe feels great - must have just jammed it rather than broken it.

I really don't like headlamps, but it would probably be good if I start running with a small flashlight to avoid those types of hazards.

6 miles total

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

TammyinGP

ouch Holly!!  Hope it's nothing more than a little sore for a day or two but then you are back at it again!

last day of the month, guess I should run a bit after work so I can at least run a monthly mileage in the 20's   How pathetic.

Tammy

Dave59

There was a pretty hard rain this morning so I went to the gym and ran 4 on the treadmill.  My back hurt pretty bad this morning but I am in a rare stubborn phase and I refuse to give up my quest to run a half in Tallahassee so I am sticking to my plan until I find myself bedridden.

I bought a t-shirt that says, "A Running Grandpa Never Grow Old", and I want to wear that when I am in Tallahassee visiting the grandkids (and running a half marathon.)

Massage tomorrow. I hope they hit just the right spot and release whatever is stuck in my back.

..Good Luck dave.....

========

40-min PoolRun

get another tomorrow,

then

BACK to knoxville (sigh)

.........good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Dave59

BACK to knoxville (sigh)

My wife is heading to Knoxville on Sunday.  Has the rain helped with the fires and smoke?

Head Procrastinator

Ouch, Holly. Ice is best applied ASAP, but I guess later is better than nothing.

I worked from home today so was out at a civilized 7:15 for 5 miles. In a tank top! Should have worn short too.

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats

My wife is heading to Knoxville on Sunday.  Has the rain helped with the fires and smoke?

..yep, should be Breathable now.......VERY bad last couple of weeks....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Holly S. get that headlamp! It makes a huge difference. Being able to see while you run and all. Plus, it helps keep cars away. Not as good as say chrome plated brass knuckles with blades, but better than nothing. Also, if you get the headlamp you are 1/3 of the way to the equipment you need to join the Rosie Ruiz Fan Club for the 2017 Reach the Beach Relay!!! All you need then is a reflective vest (which you should have anyway if you are running in the dark, dawn or dusk) and a rear blinky light. Just ask hally it is a really good investment. Time with the team that is. Maybe all the equipment too, but for sure time with the team!

For me today was just some gym work. Then a dash to work for a meeting. Eventually, returned home in the rain. I tell you it is so much more fun commuting along highways and local roads when it is dark and raining! Really, makes the whole drive more exciting. 

I almost forgot to mention, I made chicken fried steak with sausage gravy for the first time in my life. Man was it good! Give it a whirl!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/