Masters Running

Use Breger Byll's daily - he has a much better opening!! (Read 194 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good Morning!

My heart goes out to all that were affected by yesterdays deadly shooting.   It is simply senseless.

Total rest day for me today.   The teacher put us through a whole new kind of hurt last night at TZ.   This is my last day at work without the boss and boss' son.   It has been wonderful while it has lasted.   I actually get so much more done while they are away.

SteveP - you are a hoot!   Yes, we have received that WTF look from the dogs.   My DH especially gets it if they are out hunting and he misses a bird.   They will look at him as if to say, what the heck!  We I did all the work to find the bird, all you had to to is shoot it and you screw that up?   Big grin

Happy Friday everyone!!

P.S.   I too love your new avatar Hallar!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Good morning everyone,  Vacation day today & no run.  Couldn't post yesterday's so it is.

5.3 miles with middle 3 @ tempo pace of 8:20.  I haven't run that fast for several months and it felt really good.

Nothing hurt!!!  My best 5k since 2006 is about 25:30 I believe I can crush that on Thanksgiving   I guess I have acheived recovery.

Sorry to hear about Bayside's accident with Renee  {{{Bayside}}}

{{{Baby Will}}}

Off to the gym for upper body workout. 

Enjoy!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Tramps

I’m not playing favorites; I’ll post in both threads.

Sunny 36F and quite breezy this morning; I even considered wearing a long-sleeve shirt but thought better of it. 

10 miles with 9 @ 7:41.  I was trying to hit MP pace (8:00) without looking at my watch but I failed miserably.  I’d check every mile or so and realize I was too fast, tell myself to slow down, and do it all over again.  I’ll definitely need to watch out for that during the race.

I’m still deciding what to do this Sunday, two weeks out from marathon day.  Easy 20?  Progression?  Something else?  What’s your routine two weeks out?

Be safe. Be kind.

Slo

I'll play favorites.

Ladies First......

A solid work out in the pool today.........

Big night in my little burg.....final Play Off game for our High School Footbal team......Go Kings ! I'm going to try to coast thru work today and hopefully get a good seat at the game tonight.

6.6 easy paced miles at 7:20 am at 37º---feeling fine if not sleepy from the work travel this week.

Go Bill! I am so glad you are feeling so strong. See you in Boston!

((((Baby Will))))  I told my Will about him and he now asks me how he's doing every morning before he goes to school.

((((Bayside)))) I did giggle a bit. Sorry!

Lamerunner--how did the marathon go? I know you are involved with the Manchester marathon organization and I hope everything went as you hoped maybe I'll run that one next year?!

Tramps----I have been running just under 20 when I am 2 weeks out but with embedded MP miles or as a fast finish workout. (18-19 miles) Three weeks out was 23 miles. FWIW

Happy Friday all

I want a tone zone class here too, Mary! You'll have six-pack abs and buns of steel by the time it's over.

I love it when we have two dailies going at the same time.

Marathon Maniac #3309

Hiya all----I know I don't always do the smartest things (grins) but I am a 2 week taper not 3...which has always worked out great for my "big" races. Tomorrow I will be 2 weeks away from my Marathon, and I have a 23 miler planned with 16 to 18 miles at MP (still a little confused what that is right now, maybe 7:45 to 7:50) But hopefully tomorrow will give me a better idea, and I think 2 weeks is plenty of time to recover from such a workout, and taper madness is shorter also. But taken that from me......well, nuff said bout that (smiles) Hope everyone is having a greta day, and big (((Hugs))) to Baby Will-----TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!