Masters Running

Sunday's Daily, 8.20.17 (Read 34 times)

catwhoorg

Labrat

18 miles for me today.

No glasses, but we have multiple pinhole cameras constructed at work. Helpful working with a bunch of geeks.

Jay, DW dropped a weight on her foot at work. Broken sesamoid bone , but she can weight bear with it. Just not do too much.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Since we started running to stay/get in the best possible off-season shape for winter ski racing, we always sought out the steepest and hardest possible running races,e.g. Mt. Marathon, Equinox, Glacier Mud Run, etc.  Since you could never count on good weather for ski races in the winter, we didn't mind inclement running weather either, the worse the better.

No broken bones, for sure, but face plants and bloody shins 'n elbows are so much badges of honor in the trail-and-ultra running community, some have been been known to contemplate even takin' some ketchup or Halloween coloring along in case needed but, fortunately, I never needed it, . . . I mean, they never did. In this regard, I  was lucky enough to have only ended up in the hospital once, . . . . (that would have been in Seward, of course . . ).

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)