Masters Running

Happy π Day - Friday 3.14 (Read 45 times)

pfriese

π miles for me on π Day.

Paul

Rest day, no pi miles and no pie.

My kids have the day off.  So we cleaned, and cleaned, very good cross-training, and I was mightily impressed with my difficult daughter that whipped her room into shape in 30 minutes.  Now my back is sore, but I can finish the rest this weekend.

I am tempted to ask my dog what he thinks about these healthy eating options!

FOOD FOOD FOOD!

You really should have lots of healthy fats in your diet or else you will always feel hungry and blow it with nutrient poor and glycemic bad carbs.

Feeling very buoyant today - I met Door#14 yesterday and we had a nice walk/hike.  Maybe spring is in the air because I haven't felt this way since Door#3. 

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

wildchild

Carolyn

Woo hoo - yay for Door #14! 

I like the cartoon, NHLA.   I left the cold and snow, and drove to Arizona today.  I'm sitting at the picnic table at my campsite, next to a tree that is actually GETTING LEAVES!   Looking forward to the race tomorrow. Here's a picture from FB of the race folks marking the course at the high point.  I'm actually camped  next to this guy.

After the race, I'm planning to drive down to the Grand Canyon - I've never been there, and it's only 3 hours from here.  I'm really looking forward to it!

Happy pi day, everyone!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Awesome photo, wild! You are such a tough runner. Have a great race and a grand time at the canyon. I just got done reading this weeks dailies and vote for Wednesday's to be archived somehow, may a bump ever couple of weeks.

I want to welcome Jo, hope you like it here. I used to have a spreadsheet with everyone's handle, real names and cities and states they were from. It helped me remember who is who.  Speaking of birthdays, i read my page out of The Secret Language of Birthdays and it was absolutely amazing, even though I don't follow or believe in astrology Or anything like that, I share my birthday with Liberace, a pianist, Joan Benoit Samuelson, a runner, and Woody Herman, a clarinettist; all just like me! It also said that if May 16th people are repeatedly frustrated by life they will manifest psychological problems.  It even says that depression and manic attacks are possible. i've been on lithium for 20 years with great success for just this Disorder.  It also describes those as having creative endeavors and highly imaginative work.  "Color, cloth and cut are important to May 16 people. A good, simple, balanced diet relatively free of additives and harmful chemicals will be helpful to them."  Good advice for everyone about the diet.

Speaking of diets, MrStarr and I started a program on Sunday. It is designed by doctors and has meal replacement protein shakes. We eat lots of vegetables and some fat and protein at lunch and supper.  I wanted him to get his diet on track for his diabetes and I need to lose a bit of weight.  It is going great and I have run 3 times this week, did weights Wednesday and tonight afterwards I swam six laps then tried pool running. I don't know if I was doing that right, but who cares.

I still have the birthday book checked out if anyone is curious.  I used to have a birthday list too, hmmm mm ......

“Courage is not defined by those who fought and did not fall, but by those who fought, fell, and rose again.” — Adrienne Rich

NHLA

5 miles 40 min. Up the mountain with Sandy.

Great pic wild . Do the helicopter  ride in the canyon. Its cool.