Masters Running

TGIF, January 15 Runs - Rest - and Pushups?? (Read 496 times)

pfriese

One of my running clubs is the Lake Grapevine Runners and Walkers and once again we are having a pushup challenge. 

I think I am going to run a marathon at the end of March, not for time, just to finish comfortably.  Aamos, who as you all know I hate very much, talked me into doing that Heart thing at the Twin Cities Marathon, and they won't let me run the marathon as part of the deal if I haven't run one since my surgery, so I am going to run Tim's (wa5yom) race in Ardmore, OK March 28th to get that out of the way.

Carry on.  Spareribs

I've been doing the pushup challenge unofficially (I did not sign up on LGRAW website). I'm not sure how long I can go with it either.

That's great on on the marathon in March. I signed up for the Ardmore race (half-marathon), too. It looks like it will be a good course. I had an email from Tim last week and he seems pretty excited about it. Hope to see you there since I missed you at White Rock.

Paul

MTA: no run today, 15 pushups done

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I think I am going to run a marathon at the end of March, not for time, just to finish comfortably.  Aamos, who as you all know I hate very much, talked me into doing that Heart thing at the Twin Cities Marathon, and they won't let me run the marathon as part of the deal if I haven't run one since my surgery, so I am going to run Tim's (wa5yom) race in Ardmore, OK March 28th to get that out of the way. Spareribs

With 81 division wins and most of the rest second or thirds mostly around 3:30's in her 116 marathons in a little over six years, aamosy has also proved by a preponderance of the evidence, if not beyond a reasonable doubt, that she can run a marathon just to finish comfortably. 

However, it may not be so possible for others to shift into the same kind of fun-and-fitness or recovery gear that more and more runners are enjoying so I'm willing to bet that if el macho sparissimo can't match something like aamosy's Seattle RnR Marathon with Tammy (4:46:36), I'll do it with her sometime instead.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

Two Cat,

Here's to a life without regrets....

There's a race in the AM and I can't find the dog's cape!!! Arg!!!

SteveP

dg.

Steve, oh no!     fedex overnite?  

Erika,  yay!!!!!

thanks, & thanks Leslie.   I'll figure out something that includes tlc.... if  it has to be rest, gulp, well, (drumming fingers on keyboard.  funny how that happens -) )    I'll jut think about this tomorrow!

El macho sparissimo.

So, Ribs comes back and we all start throwin' elbows. Hmm.

Tried to wrest a hill workout out of the treadhill...I ran. My legs are sore. Guess it worked. ZZZZZZZZZ.

6 miles, 'bout 50 minutes.

Remember how you once had to save your allowance and go to the record store so that you could buy an album/ 8-track tape? Then wait until your parents weren't home so you could blast it on your house's only stereo, provided that it didn't need a new needle?

Ain't itunes sumtin'?

Walt

SteveP

You're pretty impressive Mary....

Heal well Perch.

Enjoy your weekend Posa

Enjoy your date Erika.

I'm looking forward to a RR Ribs...Good to see ya. I'd be careful about tickin AAmos off.

(((((DG's S/I joint)))))

The dog and I went 4.2 crazy sproinky miles. One of us wasn't wearing pants. 

SteveP

King of PhotoShop

Okay, one day I drop in here and all sorts of hell breaks loose.  Let me clear a few things up and I will be back in a few weeks:

1)  Ever since I first met her here I have had a wicked crush on Nono, and now that she is a sub-4 person it has gotten worse. I had to leave. If I could shove that Baywatch guy out of the picture I would, but there is no hope for us old guys.

2)  Someone really needs to step up to the plate and kill Tetsujin.  The only sensible thing Dark Horse ever said on this site is that no one can figure out what Tetsujin is talking about. He remains a prophet on only that statement.

3)  More people need to jump on the "I hate Aamos" bandwagon.  What a waste of time that woman is, freeing criminals right and left while she kicks everyone's ass in marathons.  How about a little courage here?

4)  The rest of you should listen more to Bruce, Walt, Craneium, Slo and people like that, and quit listening to these women whining about the cold.

5)  I hate cliches.  You ever hear people saying "I got up at oh dark thirty"?  Why do people trot out that stupid cliche time after time?  From now on when we want to describe getting up early, the expression should be "I got up today at Oh Lou Thirty."

And just do the pushups and quit arguing!  I am still reading and watching.  Don't piss me off.  Spareribs

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

ilene has a picture of what you really look like so one of these days DH, ER 'n' I're gunna get you.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Heh heh heh . . . .

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

And just do the pushups and quit arguing!  I am still reading and watching.  Don't piss me off.  Spareribs

What a grumpy old fart.