Masters Running

Tuesday, July 26th--another day under the heat dome (Read 33 times)

Mariposai

Hiya,

This is Jodi:

A little bit ago, her sister posted she'd remembered that when they lived on the farm when they were little, Jodi would hide the shoes of visitors so that they couldn't leave.  So yesterday, Julie and Joni, her sisters, brought her boots to hospice and told her they were ok and that she could go if she wanted.  Then a bit later, a friend road her Harley over to her window and revved the engine.  Joni said Jodi opened her eyes at that.  She posted this today:

"A beautiful ending to a beautiful life. All Jodi was waiting for was her motorcycle boots, to know that we'd be alright, and to hear her bike rumble again. Then, we're not sure what this means, but shortly afterwards about 30 dragonflies started hovering around her deck. Jodi gently passed away at 10:35 pm last night. Love you sissy."

Jodi felt about riding the way we feel about running.  I asked her once to describe how it made her feel, and she wrote a beautiful passage that she later had printed and hung on her office wall with a photo of her on her bike.

She was only in her 40s.  Thanks for letting me go on a bit here.    I'm usually a tough nut, but siblings dying too young are a real sore spot with me.  And when they're yours, it's almost always too early, whatever their age.

JODI FELT ABOUT RIDING THE WAY WE FEEL ABOUT RUNNING.

Lovely, just lovely.

Thanks for sharing this with us.

I would have considered Jodi and kindred spirit.

No running for me today. Full of meetings from 7am to 7pm. It was a good day for the homeless community in my county. Yeah..

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

yes, such a sore spot.

such a joyous lady and picture

She should have had another half century of joy to go.

Did she live in or near Spearfish or go there every summer, I bet.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

can't decide if we were Dumber or Tougher

or

if these guys are Smarter or Wimpier

Our sport is their sport's punishment. Draw your own conclusions.

That's beautiful AAmos. thank you.

SteveP