Masters Running

Muggy Monday Runs (Read 462 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

Jlynne – great news!

EGH3 – nice run in the heat, and right on goal pace.

PBJ – wow!

TomWhite – that’s a long time to have Pickles gone....hope the flowers survive....stay away from the “Cheetos and Beer” diet...it’s not all it’s cracked up to be...

Erika – I know you did a HM, but I still have to go back to read about it, but from what I see, congratulations are in order....again.......and my foot feels a lot better, thanks.  I think it was some sort of tendonitis, perhaps brought on by kicking soccer balls at DD's practice a couple weeks ago.  It just lasted a long time and I was getting concerned, but last week's light running seems to have helped it a lot.

Mariposai – yes, I’m kind of swamped here at work, but digging my way through the pile.

Nono – dolphins and running – nice combo!  I can’t remember what Yasso 800’s are, though.  Google later...

30 minutes upper body and core this morning, followed by 2 recovery miles on the TM.

I’ve decided not to weigh myself until Friday.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Jeanne, congrats on the new baby Leo on the way!  (Or Leah)  I hope you can run Twin Cities, and  running slowly with your DIL would be OK!

Slo, your busy weekend sounded great!  Did you ride Potter's hill again?

Mari, I don't know if I've ever had huckleberries.  But our wild rasperries are just getting ripe!

I'm working at home today, to spend some extra time with DD. She leaves tomorrow morning for a freshman backpacking trip to the White Mountains before school starts. We'll meet her at Cornell  on the 20th for moving her in to her dorm, so we'll see her for 3 more days, but then we'll be empty nesters.

Planning on a RAW.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I need to confess about that half marathon . . . but actually it's considered a "fast" course!

. . .it's not hilly at all,

you goddesses who haven't lived all your lives in some kind of athletics are so funny when, without much, if any, athletic experience, seeing a bunch of people running a marathon or, worse yet, 100K over some mountain passes and innocently thinking, "oh, I think I'll do that sometime too," . . . and then doing it as if you'd been doing it all your lives.

however, I've been to erikaland and saying theres a course that isn't "that hilly" or in any way "fast" up there is like saying in the middle of the winter with iced over eyes and frozen breath, "oh, it's not that cold."  Erika - you take the cake and we're gunna make sure you have a good one the next time you're in Seattle.

ps - new Seattle quadzilla pending

11/25 - Eat-Drink-Be Merry Mary

11/26 - Wishbone Marathon/50K

11/27 - Seattle Ghost Marathon

11/28 - Seattle Marathon  

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hi everyone. I'm feeling a bit blah today, well, more like unchatty, but I figured since I ran a double-digit run, I should come here and tell people, right? The miles were all very relaxing, pretty much consistent with my average of a 10:35 pace, and the legs feel pretty good right now. We'll see how I fare at yoga class tonight, though...

Anyway, happy Monday to all!

Nice running OrangeMat and I hear you on the unchatty-ness. Feel the same today.

Congratulations on all the great news JLynne

5.3 easy miles this morning with the kiddo. Felt fine and got looser as run went on.

Nice Beach to Beacon racing Denise!

Go PBJ! 

Erika!  You keep getting faster and tougher!  And tet is right, I bet that race is not easy or fast by most standards in the lower 48.

OM, maybe you'll inspire me to get back into yoga. 

Such good news, Jlynne!  I so hope we get to meet our boy Will at the TCM.  And his parents, of course.

Carolyn, one of my relay teamates' DS is off to college soon.  She has one left at home but has mixed feelings.  Best wishes to DD!

Good idea on staying away from the scale, Holly.  Even tho I ran 30+ miles over the weekend, I gained a few lbs. 

Gym day for me.  Maybe RAW.  Back to the grind for me--another Monday morning down.

grins,

A

Has TW checked in yet?  We need to keep an eye on him for Pickles.

Masters 2000 miles
              stumpy77

Trails are hard!

We'll meet her at Cornell  on the 20th for moving her in to her dorm, so we'll see her for 3 more days, but then we'll be empty nesters.

OM, maybe you'll inspire me to get back into yoga. 

Carolyn--enjoy upstate NY and the Finger Lakes.  Cornell is in a gorgeous location with a lot of really nice terriotory all around.  Haven't been back there much in the past 30 years, but spent a lot of summers in the vicinity growing up.

Aamos--can I help, too?  I'm off to class tonight.  I really miss it after even a couple of weeks off.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

I'm working at home today, to spend some extra time with DD. She leaves tomorrow morning for a freshman backpacking trip to the White Mountains before school starts. We'll meet her at Cornell  on the 20th for moving her in to her dorm, so we'll see her for 3 more days, but then we'll be empty nesters.

My husband grew up in Ithaca, actually a Cornell faculty brat. It is a very nice campus and the first place I landed  in the US....many years ago...check out the Moosewood restaurant when you are there...no, not Italian but quite well known.

I guess no running for me today. I think I will survive, a lot to do at work and kids at home I haven't seen since yesterday I better be a good Mom and go make them dinner rather than go on the trail.

I have some fun pictures from Saturdays race to post I'll give it a try , or send them to Divechief who is always so kind ...

And thanks all for the comments to my White River RR and pictures...I guarantee....it is a very nice placethat I did indeed  HIKE!

Francesca

Just 2 @ recovery  pace between storms tonight for me. 

TW,

I will be batching it from Thursday thru the weekend myself. The DW will be on a all girls weekend.  We could be a "couple of wild and crazy guys"

Erika,

It seems like once a week I have to say the same old boring thing, Great race and yet another PR!!! You are having one serious year girl.

Francesca,

You amaze me with your abilty and the pictures are fantastic.

Jlynne,

Yay!!! You are running again. I hope the time off has healed your PF problems and really it should not put you that far behind schedule should it? Maybe one  20 miler instead of  two ? or even just a couple 18s will at least get you there. Good luck.

Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

SteveP

Yeah for Baby will!!!!

Tom....Did Pickles leave you enough clean dishes, or will you have to borrow some from the nieghbors?

Will you vacuum the sheets before she gets back, access a dog or suprise her?

Good luck Denise!!!

DW, Tag  and I went for a walk instead of run. We stopped at DD & SIL's on the way to drop off Noah yard sale treasures. Noah's ready to go with us and his Mom said it was bed time...He repeated, "Go runnin' (G)rampy!", then started crying. Man that was tough. Tag ran out of gas after a mile. When we got him to the creek, he perked right up though.

SteveP

Maniac 505

no run,  gym day for me today,   tomorrow is my last day as a free man for another week,  my work week begins Wednesday AM,  7 days of work then 3 weeks off with a minor diversion to Las Vegas and the Nevada desert near the beginning of it. 

Amy,  I don't think Tom White is out on bail yet,   He does have your phone number doesn't he???

Jlynne CONGRATS!!!

Franc,  feel free to send me the pictures.  I will be more than happy to post them.   That is the only way I will see those parts of the world

Dave

SteveP

Erika, I'd swear you had powers. I just read Saturday's thread.

SteveP

Renee the dog

Nono – dolphins and running – nice combo!  I can’t remember what Yasso 800’s are, though.  Google later...

Well, some people use 'em to predict marathon times.  I'm using them for interval workouts, because my bod seems to bounce back from them better than others. 

Another run tonight -- just 1.75 mi with Renee.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

TheProFromDover

TheProFromDover

Out of touch again, but should post.  3 weeks of measurable miles on road and bike.

Today was my favorite interval session 6x1000m.  Except I lowered my expectations to 3x800m.  Good thing too, the resulting 3:45 splits was a wake up call.  But hey, calf felt ok.  Oh and the 90 deg, 70% H were no big deal.  Total session a little over 30 min.  But a woof still.  Craig

And BTW, Holly don't let PBJ wow you.   ...well actually, maybe that is a wow. 

-Craig - "TPFD53 at gmail dot com"