Masters Running

Wednesdaily, 5.2.18 (Read 39 times)

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

The crushed gravel is gentler than asphalt

ouch, ouch, ouch to the sharp, mechanically crushed gravel

vs. smooth asphalt or, at least, smooth, naturally-rounded gravel from riverbeds. .

Lots of similar trail "improvements" up in the PNW too.

ps: dear all already hot weather sufferers -

... .IMG_1304

trade ya.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Note -- if you have manually set the height of the row (that is turned off Auto-Fit), then the cell will not adjust height as needed for the wrapped text.

The "Auto Fit" must be what I'm looking for.  Everything adjusts width-wise, but not height-wise.  I don't want it to just appear when I print it out, I want it to adjust while I'm in putting the information, if that's possible.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 for me after work.

Crazy busy-ness remains, but at least I can get some miles.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

So, our local newspaper has caught wind of my attempt at 50 states and wants to do an article about it.  The guy sent me a list of 20 questions and wants me to answer them....by Friday.  I really am flattered but, I really do have enough to do, already.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Big zero for me today! Limping around a bit, don't want to make my achilles even angrier. I got the revised entrants list for Friday's 3k on the track, 4-5 people scratched and I'm the oldest guy in the race. And at least 3 of the 40-somethings are sub 9:30 3k this year. With my limited specific training due to getting myself hurt every time I try, I'll be tickled if I break a slovenly 12:00. I gonna get lapped TWICE by a few people! If I'm not limping too bad Sunday from the race on Friday, at least I probably won't be getting lapped in the 1500. Probably. Surprisingly, the weather looks good for Eugene all weekend.

On the road tomorrow, I'll recap when I get back early next week. I'm not really in the right kind of shape to do these races, but this is my "farewell" visit to Hayward Field. They're going to bulldoze it this summer to put in the new stadium. I ran a few races on the old yellow track that Pre ran on, and a lot of races on the current track. In 2020 the new stadium will be ready, and I hope to have a few races on that one.

60-64 age group  -  University of Oregon alumni  -  Irreverent and Annoying

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

So, our local newspaper has caught wind of my attempt at 50 states and wants to do an article about it.  The guy sent me a list of 20 questions and wants me to answer them....by Friday.  I really am flattered but, I really do have enough to do, already.

I doubt if he'll believe the truth of how you do so much in running

and life, and so fast, so just tell him you're so efficient in getting

everything done that everyone wants you to do that you end up

with so much spare time with nothing to do and how much

you love flying from state to state.

Good luck.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Hello everybody!

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!

Hey, Mike--post them here.  We'll  be happy to provide answers for you!

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Dave59

I'm in!

+1

Always ready to help out a Vikings fan