Masters Running

Happy Friday, 6.3.16 (Read 33 times)

I am a HUGE donut fan! I could eat them here or there. I could eat them everywhere! Which is why I am really glad I did not know today was national donut day until I came and read through today's thread! It is also why I never buy them. Put a dozen donuts in front of me and inside of 12 hours they can be gone. My dad was the same way.

Went off to run 6 miles this morning. It was a race between me and a rain storm that was coming. I won!  Also, those Sensoria socks may have finally delivered some useful data. The app kept telling me my cadence was too fast and to slow it down. Something about matching a metronome that I did not hear it play. In any case, I thought about slowing it down. That required me to take a longer back stride.  That in turn increased my pace with very little effort. I am wondering if the hamstring problems I had a few years ago have led me to shorten my back stride? Maybe thinking about my cadence now will make the longer back stride a habit I do not have to think about later.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mariposai

Same here. I am glad I did not know about this, specially when I was at the bakery and they were pulling some fresh yummie donuts as I wa paying for my bill.

Only 3 miles today plus core workout at the free high school gym.

I am a HUGE donut fan! I could eat them here or there. I could eat them everywhere! 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!  Yep...I could eat a dozen donuts, too....and a half gallon of ice cream...and a whole pie...that's why I just don't eat any of it.

I'm still not running and it's driving me nuts!  I can still feel all of my little injuries and I'm thinking about taking off another week...but we'll see.

Okay--I guess that's all I got.  See ya!

Mariposai

I'm still not running and it's driving me nuts!  I can still feel all of my little injuries and I'm thinking about taking off another week...but we'll see.

Okay--I guess that's all I got.  See ya!

YOU better take two weeks off from running....

or my butterfly wings will come to hunt you.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I'll do it for him

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Mike E

MM #5615

Thanks tet!

Actually, I have taken off 2 weeks...I'm thinking about 3...but I can't expect tet to do all that for me.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

no excuse to taper, especially for a fellow runner, is too feeble.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)