Masters Running

Sat May 15 Runs - Races - and Workouts (Read 590 times)

Afternoon, Gang - This has to be quick.

Today's run.  Went out to Trinidad with my buddy for the first time. What a great place to run!  It's all logging roads, some still in use, some old and grown over, so essentially "trails."  You can climb, you can run on straightaways.  It's wonderful!  In the Forest, you're always either climbing or descending.  It gets tiring.  This new place, we can do it all, even practice our power walking.  We were doing about 13:30 m/m when power walking.  My overall pace for the 12.1 miles was 13:31.  Very happy with that.

Enjoy your weekend.  Good luck racers!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Maniac 505

Timbo:  Great news on the job front,  congrats

Ilene:  Congrats on the bronze.

Holly:  Nice run,  glad you got it in.  I know how tuff it is getting up that early for a run.

Amazing performance by DB,  I am speechless.

I struggled through a 20 miler today,  it was a real slog fest, I don't know how much of it was the heat (It really wasn't that hot)  I lost one of my gatorade bottles off my fuel belt early in the run.  I would be worried about the Newport marathon in 3 weeks if I didn't know that sometimes runs just go like that.

Dave

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Francesca - if you really want to do a little run instead of the 50+ miles

of your prior  Redmond Watershed 12 hour trail runs you probably did today too,

http://www.cascaderunningclub.com/wps.html

maybe a little 8K from Montlake Bridge to University Bridge.   means well over 50 miles.

It was hot enough to jump in the lake today so maybe another hot one at Redmond?.

ps - it doesn't count unless you tell ilene.

Mariposai's 26.2 mile from Fall Post, Idaho to Spokane, Washington  was probably fast too.

dave - did you eat any oysters at Ivar's or somewhere  along the way?

I'm not running enough to know but just wondering how it feels to run 26.2 miles of raw oysters.

Happy PV ilene.

cyn - i have an idea in case anyone tries to tie your shoelaces together.

ekrkia - <<<(mayors/mayor's)>>> (sorry, I keep trying to spell it right but it won't let me)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

lamerunner

Greetings... It has been quite a day.  Ran 10 miles this morning, felt ok, a bit tired. Shortly after I  showered things changed.  My son fell 8 feet out of a tree in our yard ( there was a rope there and it finally failed), landed on his back and head, passed out etc.  He came around before the ambulance  arrived but it was very frightening. Eyes rolling around, convulsions... and he was very scared.. by the time he got to the ER he was talking and then passed all the neurological tests. Back Xrays thankfully were ok.   Just bruising and mild concussion.   I am very grateful for the EMTs who were  both competent and sensitive to my DD's concerns; I had her call 911 while I was with DS and she was very upset. ( I learned en route to the hospital with her that she and some climbing friends had been first on the scene of a fatal car accident near a climbing cliff a couple of years back; they moved the car( flipped over in  a river)  wrapped a victim's head in their clothing , called   and waited for the EMTs, who then did not want to go down theriver bank....  ) .  I knew she had seen some of it  it; did not know how involved she had been, then at age 14. Poor kid. The ambulance  today  really freaked her out. )

Anyway, we are all ok now... loaded up on groceries and I got a therapeutic swim of about a mile late this afternoon. DS watching baseball: DD visting boyfriend and planning to climb tomorrow.

Oy.  Hug your families... happy running !

Mariposai

So jealous, Walt!  That you get to run with CNYrunner. \

I had a great time racing the Palos Verdes half marathon this morning..... I got to hug on huskydon, and got 3rd place in my division.  Smile    It was a beautiful morning, that course is as good as Big Sur anyday. 

Congrats on your 3rd place Ilenforward. YOU are just too humble nowdays!!!!!!!!!!! NOw...is it true that you are marathon maniac????????????. If yes! congrats.

I ran the Wendermere Marathon in Spokane today. It was the best of time, it was the worse of time. More later. WE just got back home and we are off to see our beloved friend Joel in a play. He is the lead role for Annie get your gone. I already saw him perform, but DH has not, so we are going tonight to see him. Perfect way to relax post marathon.

Tetsujin...that marathon course is PERFECT for barefoot running.

Happy weekend to all. I will work on RR later in the week. I want this one to settle in my heart first before I write about it.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thanks nancy. having run at either end in Spokane and idaho, i've always thought as much, . . .

and even signed up for it one year but had to last-minute DNS.

ps - was your time four minutes faster than Wenatchee by any chance?

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

sounds like good news and the right move on the job front, Tim!

Dave, sorry to hear your 20 miler wasn't quite what you wanted, but with your running experience, I'm glad it's not playing mind games with you and the upcoming running party in newport.

excellent racing for Ilene and Nancy!

10K as part of a 12 mile run for me today. A very confusing, disorganized and erroneously timed race, but that's ok, because it was just a training run for me.  It was almost 70 at the 10:00 a.m. start with most of the course being in the sun and I was wearing all black. not too smart.

Tammy

Franc59

Half Fanatic #36

Well, it  was the  Redmond Watershed  12H, where I remember toasting with  some bubbly stuff  a couple of years ago with Tet.....

I had called it a day at about 37M ,when my heel was bothering a bit too much, and was in the relaxing post race mood, eating soup and socializing ..then a friend  asked me to walk another one of the 5.35 loops with her.  Couldn't say no ..ended up running again and finished just shy of the 50M mark: 49.48  .

Great fun and beautiful day even if I can't say I like the course that much, I find it mentally very hard..but it so close to home, always a must do race!

Sorry for sneaking in here a quick RR ..

Of to bed early , I'm tired!!!

Francesca 

evanflein

Oh good grief, Franc. Couldn't you have at least done another .52 miles for 50 even? Geez.  Just kidding, dear, as that really is a great run especially considering you were done at 37 something! I knew you had something up your sleeve today...

Looking forward to your race report, Nancy. Sounds like a nice post-run recovery activity there. Be sure to get up and walk around a bit!

Track meet didn't go so well for DS1. He was tired, not feeling well. Really shouldn't have gone out last night but oh well. Ran 56:72 to place 5th in the 400m, then puked in the woods afterwards. Lovely. He didn't run in the relay, just didn't feel well and his ankle hurt. His ankle is still a bit swollen, and there's "crunchy" stuff in there. I think a visit to the sports med doc is in order. They subbed a kid who runs almost his pace exactly, and ended up winning the4x400 relay later on.

Soccer game right after the track meet. We won, 5-0 with DS2 scoring the first goal and DS1 making a couple of really good defensive saves. DS1 pulled himself off a couple times though. Tonight he's coughing and looks like hell. He rarely gets sick, but I think the lack of sleep and stressful activities of late have taken a hit on his immune system. He was going to go out yet again tonight for a bonfire party, and I said no. He really needs to get to bed. 

My run was awesome! I ran the hilly route from home to just past the Dog Musher's Field, then an out and back on my road to make 9 miles in 1:14:00, for an 8:12 overall pace. I ran the hills hard, and the big hill that makes up most of mile 3 didn't feel so bad and the overall pace for that mile was 8:37... I think that's close to a personal best for that mile! I stopped at the bottom of our hill to let 5 cars go by and kick up an incredible amount of dust. It was hot and sunny (ok, hot for me) and I was so flushed when I got back. Then later, at the track meet, some cold front blew in and dropped the temps almost 15 degrees with incredible wind! Ugh. I hid out in the car. We watched the game from inside the truck! But, it's settled down now and tomorrow should be nice again. 

SteveP

Oh My Gosh Lamerunner!

I'm glad DS is OK.

(((((DD)))))

3.1 miles with DW, Noah, Tag, 100 others and their dogs.

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

CNYrunner - wow, Judy is amazing!

Francesca - wow!  YOU are amazing!

Erika - nice run!  Hope your boys feel better.

Lamerunner - that's quite a scare!  Glad your DS (and DD) are okay now.

Ilene - nice racing!

Mariposai- looking forward to your race report.

I know I've missed someone, but it's time to go running now.....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."