Masters Running

Saturday's Daily, 12.30.17 (Read 41 times)

evanflein

Erika - We were watching a show last night that said over 1,000 people in the Fairbanks area go missing every year.  Is that true?

Ha, that's news to me. What were they using for reference? I'd say at 1,000 per year the town would disappear in a few years. Big grin Fairbanks itself has around 30k, I think, and the whole area (the borough, like a county) is maybe 85k? Haven't looked at the stats for awhile, but no I don't think we have an epidemic of disappearances.

Ha, that's news to me. What were they using for reference? I'd say at 1,000 per year the town would disappear in a few years. Big grin Fairbanks itself has around 30k, I think, and the whole area (the borough, like a county) is maybe 85k? Haven't looked at the stats for awhile, but no I don't think we have an epidemic of disappearances.

We were watching "Alaska Troopers" (I think that's the name)/ We thought it was pretty funny.  

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Oh, just shut the hell up.........Oh wait, that's what you will be telling me this summer when your temps are 120 and I am running in, oh, 71 degrees...  Okay, I don't remember where you live, so that may not be true, but it felt good to vent...nice 20-miler, btw...

hahahahaha --- I really needed a laugh today!! Thank you Holly!!

Friday -- battery was dead in my car  Had to borrow oldest son's car to get to dr appt for stitches to be removed and to go to the gym.

30 min AMT, 1.0 mile treadmill

Home and within minutes Justin was home - just like that - they let him go and provided transportation. They couldn't make the arrangements to get him back to the treatment center, but they can put him in a cab and send him out on his own!! SO DISGUSTED with the system!!!

SO MAD that I didn't try calling the treatment center myself a couple days ago. Maybe I would have gotten thru better as a persistent parent instead of a case manager who obviously couldn't get the job done!!

We had a rough afternoon yesterday, he was quite agitated but eventually calmed down. We decided to let him stay here if he can stay calm and take his meds.

Today I had to work, but heard from Justin during the day -- thanking me for letting him stay, organizing his room, and asking me for help with stuff. That is already an improvement. Tonight we sat and organized his meds and talked about a plan for getting him in a day treatment program and getting a new pscyh and therapist. Making progress.

Oh ya - and I stopped at a friend's house to jump on her treadmill for 1.0 mile after work!! Just 2 more days for the DGAFAOTH challenge and I can't say I will be sorry when it's over!!

I do read all your posts even if I don't comment as much as I'd like and think about you daily!!

thank you all so much for your support and input with Justin!! You are not just my online running forum but more like my online running FAMILY!!

denise

Quickadder

Oh, just shut the hell up.........Oh wait, that's what you will be telling me this summer when your temps are 120 and I am running in, oh, 71 degrees...  Okay, I don't remember where you live, so that may not be true, but it felt good to vent...nice 20-miler, btw...

I am in SW Louisiana so I have 6 months (hurricane season) when the dew point rarely drops below 70F and I run at 5am or 9pm to avoid the worst of the heat.

Started running at age 60.

AG 60-64 PR - 5K 25:45, 10K 53:28, HM 1:57:39, Marathon 4:32:09

AG 65-69 PR - 5K 26:11, HM 2:02:39, Marathon 5:04:47

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hey, enke!  Nice to hear from you!  Please don’t  feel like you have to run to post!  tet does it all the time.

Hi too, enkephalins (That’s the auto-spell from “enks” - pretty good, eh - now all the new gang know where you’re from). I-90 West/to-east into blinding truck lights right next to ya on the floating bridge’s so bad, I sent photos to DOT.

don't listen to mike. I have 30 years of runnig credit for as many future posts as I want built up from before he was even born and I started posting on Boomers-and-Beyond in spareribs days.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hey, enke!  Nice to hear from you!  Please don’t feel like you have to run to post!  tet does it all the time.

...mike's right//............I don't even have Hips anymore and I'm logging in ''WhateverTheHellThisIsI'mDoing''

Make the Post then Do The Thing

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....