Masters Running

Wednesday thanks to all of our veterans on their day runs (Read 485 times)

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Thanks for the thoughts, everyone.  Denise, thank you!!  I have sent you a message.

THANK YOU to all our veterans and those still putting their lives on the line to keep the rest of us safe.

{{{Teresa's SIL}}}

Welcome, Tina!

SLO - So you're one of those (who wears their jammies in public ).

JLynne - Continued good news re Baby Will.  Yea!

Perch getting soaked . . . . . .

Saw the Bill Cosby bit the other night when they were honoring him on with the Mark Twain Award.  I remember as a kid listening over and over to the album "Why Is There Air?"

Well, another lesson learned for me today.  Of course I've known forever that I would have today off work.  One would think that I would be smart enough to say, "Hey!  I'll do my 20-miler on Wednesday instead of having to do it at Conference over the weekend!"  Well, I didn't think about that until my buddy suggested it last night.  I had a pretty exhaustive XT day yesterday, but I thought, "What the heck.  Let's give it a try anyway."  Well . . . .  I made it 12.5 miles today.  My legs were beat up.  My quads hurt so stinking bad, there was no way I could do anymore climbing.  If I could've run on a rolling trail, I know I could've finished, but the climbing - ugh!  Now I'll have to gut it out down in Rancho Cordova, either on the road or on a treadmill.  {sigh}

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

wildchild

Carolyn

Teresa, sorry to hear about your SIL. How on earth did they find this problem when she went in for her elbow?

Francesca, congrats on your 3rd place HM finish - very speedy!

Hi Tina

Larry, nice tempo effort - I think you'll do greta at your 8k!

Twocat, so sorry to hear the doc's news of continued non-running.  You'll have to make do with baking muffins for 6 more weeks.

I had a nice wave run at lunchtime.  It was a beautiful sunny day and I wanted to do some speed work, but when I got out there it was 68° and I was afraid I would melt like the wicked witch if I ran fast. So I did a slow mile, then picked it up to see how I felt, and I didn't feel any hotter, so ended up doing 6.4 miles with miles 2,4, and 6 faster.  Paces were:

11:08, 9:35, 11:11, 9:30, 10:59, 9:23, 10:30 last 0.4.   Felt good!  Took my shirt off after mile 2.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Deez4Boyz, if you have your Garmin set to Auto-Lap every mile (your mile beeps) then it will capture the miles automatically.  No need to push any lap buttons.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong